Vancouver Bus Transfer

Jeter02

34 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Does anyone know what time the bus transfers begin pick up from the Vancouver airport to be brought down to the port? 

I Don’t know we usually just walk down to baggage claim and look for the Princess people.   That being said light rail is cheap fast and a very short walk from baggage claim to the station and from the downtown station to the port.   You have a high probability of beating the Princess buses in either direction.   If you are not physically challenged I would go that route.

Edited by zalusky

Just now, zalusky said:

I Don;t,know we usually just walk down to baggage claim and look for the Princess people.   That being said light rail is cheap fast and a very short walk from baggage claim to the station and from the downtown station to the port.

Ah. Ok. Only asking as I have a super, super early arrival time.

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Ah. Ok. Only asking as I have a super, super early arrival time.

Better yet!  I would definitely research it.   From the downtown final station it’s about 2 blocks to the cruise port.

from the airport it’s out side of baggage with an elevator ride up to the light rail station plus there is a Japadog food cart right there that I have fond memories of.

7B351DBD-C2F5-4FDE-B735-51E6EF72A365.jpeg

DD3AFA17-B675-42D9-875B-56B011A077E6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

NB: no Uber! Fixed rate cabs for $35 to the pier are a much better bet than cruise transfers - and cruise buses definitely don't go until at least 9:30am, as the first buses are outbound from the pier with DISEMbarking pax about 9am, which then collect you EMbarking pax to take you downtown! Unless there are enough folks there already to fill that first bus - in which case you might be on the road not long after 9:30am and hit the pier by 10:15 or so - you'll also wait at least a while for folks on later flights.

Since longshoremen at the pier are very well compensated thus no tips are requested or required (indeed signage reminds pax NOT to tip) there's really no additional convenience offered by cruiseline transfers to offset the extremely jacked-up cost - only a Solo isn't paying more (but they are likely paying the same as taking their very own cab), couples are paying double the cab price, and 3+ people will find that LIMOS are better value! Can't handle your own bags at all? OK, a solo is now saving money compared to a Skycap and a cab - but not much, and 2 people still save at least enough for a couple of beers or a big froo-froo drink each onboard.

If you can schlep your own bags around, SkyTrain is the way to go - unless you have 4 people when it's actually more expensive than a cab on weekdays and just a couple of bucks cheaper on weekends (there's an extra $5pp fee to leave the airport on it)...

• Thanks 1

Rome2rio is your friend.  Note the big price difference and some of that time difference is simply a few minutes walking to the station.  Credit cards are welcomed.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.08.19 AM.png

Edited by zalusky
  • Thanks 1

If you walk outside of baggage claim across the street you will see an escalator up to the Canada Line with a sign to the city.   You can see other people taking the train with their luggage.   No stopping at lights as its mostly underground.

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

The train is the way to go. For seniors it's less about $3 canadian dollars and the machine takes canadian money or a credit card. 

Going TO the airport this is correct. Unfortunately that $5pp AddFare applies to every category of tickets, so inbound travel FROM the airport, which is what OP wants to know about, sees Concession fares increase almost threefold (still cheaper than a cab, but by very little if there are 4 of you).