Bidet?

mamatrouble

More than you ever wanted to know: http://www.ehow.com/how_13097_bidet.html

Would I use it? I don't even use bathtubs in public places like hotels, so it's unlikely I'd cleanse the nether-regions in that fashion either.

Sounds like some pricey suite you have booked! Enjoy.

:eek: :eek: :eek: LOL. I can't stop laughing to type! I never fail to be amazed at things you can find on the web.

How refreshing -- a different topic.

I had a bidet in a hotel room in Paris and never used it. Now that I've looked at those detailed instructions, I'm glad I didn't try it because I probably would have done it wrong!

Would I use it? I don't even use bathtubs in public places like hotels, so it's unlikely I'd cleanse the nether-regions in that fashion either.

Actually, it's no different than a shower, albeit for a limited area! You don't have to collect the water like you would for a bath. The water comes out of the sprayer, hits the "target", and goes down the drain. I wouldn't avoid it any more than I would avoid turning the water on in the sink for brushing my teeth.

They're very useful, actually, especially if you don't have time for a complete shower. Probably TMI - sorry!

Lisa

We've had them in cabins on ships, but only in PH or other high end suites. I have a rather new innovation in my newly redone bathroom----it's called a Toto Washlet. Silly name but that's what it is and it's possibly the greatest bathroom invention ever. It's a regular toilet, but once you're finished it works something like a bidet. You can wash and blow dry the nether regions---yes, a blow dry and don't even go there with the jokes. Plus, the seat is heated so no more hitting the seat in the middle of a cold midwest night and freezing your behind. I always miss my Toto when I'm off on a holiday.

We've had them in cabins on ships, but only in PH or other high end suites. I have a rather new innovation in my newly redone bathroom----it's called a Toto Washlet. Silly name but that's what it is and it's possibly the greatest bathroom invention ever. It's a regular toilet, but once you're finished it works something like a bidet. You can wash and blow dry the nether regions---yes, a blow dry and don't even go there with the jokes. Plus, the seat is heated so no more hitting the seat in the middle of a cold midwest night and freezing your behind. I always miss my Toto when I'm off on a holiday.

Wow most people are concerned with their kitchens.. but that in a bathroom.. Money has no boundaries!!:) Hope you enjoy it!

that google site spells it out exactly. Have had one now for 16 years and I love it. Happened to have gotten the most use out of it when my kids were very little and would have MAJOR LOAD:o of liquidy you know what in their diaper. I would simply plop them in that thing and rinse them off. Sure did help on the cost of wipies!;)

We were in Europe 3 years ago and my husband RAVED about the bidet. He couldn't STOP raving about it once we got home --made for some great dinner conversation. He said his hairy uh...butt has never been so clean! :D

(personally, I did not use it--to me it seemed like taking a bath in a toilet!)

We have something called a "Bidet-O-Let". It is a regular toilet with the bidet built into the toilet. When you are done, simply turn it on with a knob mounted near the back under the seat, and men lean back, women tilt pelvis forward. You can "aim" the movable spout, but it works great!!!! We love it!!! and it was only a $100 more than a regular toilet.

Lisa

We had one in a couple of hotels in France. Of course, I had to turn the water on, knowing what they did, but not exactly how they worked.

I'd rather wash everything at once anyway.

But I really never knew what aiming meant until I needed to use a public toilet in Italy! :eek: :eek:

I have a rather new innovation in my newly redone bathroom----it's called a Toto Washlet. Silly name but that's what it is and it's possibly the greatest bathroom invention ever. It's a regular toilet, but once you're finished it works something like a bidet. You can wash and blow dry the nether regions---yes, a blow dry and don't even go there with the jokes. Plus, the seat is heated so no more hitting the seat in the middle of a cold midwest night and freezing your behind. I always miss my Toto when I'm off on a holiday.

Wow. Toto. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!

Okay... 15 years old... in a restroom in a nice restaurant in Tokyo... toilet looked like a SPACESHIP.... literally 20 buttons on the sides (in Japanese of course) and I had NO idea how to flush the thing... I stood up and just started to push buttons... air dryer, faucet, all that... about 10-15 buttons in I finally found the flush feature... needless to say I was somewhat traumatized leaving the restroom.

Seachelle, you haven't lived until you've experienced a benjo in Asia. I was on a tour in Vietnam during a Crystal cruise and went into a stall, which looked just like any other public bathroom stall. Well, I walked in and there was a small step up and two outlines of a foot painted on the floor with a hole cut out between them. You actually have to stand on the painted marks and squat. HELLO !!!!!!! I guess that's where the term "cop a squat" comes from. Give me a 14 button washlet any day.

Archived