Platinum party bring a guest?

jjdmom8

38 minutes ago, jjdmom8 said:

Question for the Carnival Platinum cruisers.. Can you bring a guest to the Platinum party? A guest who is not Platinum? Thanks in advance!

I have gone to guest services when my husband wasn't Platinum and they said I could bring a guest. When a friend cruised with us later, and we were both Plat, we again went to guest services and they again said we could bring a guest.

With that said let the many condemnations begin.

1 hour ago, NCbmwmom said:

Doesn’t the invitation say you and a guest? I take my husband, and it’s always been fine. 

No, the invitations now have only the Platinum guest's name.  Depending on the staff, I have seen people senak in a guest and I have seen guests refused.  I also think it may have to do with how many Platinum/Diamonds are on board.  On  Journey cruise they likely turn guests away since the ships sail with way more Platinums then average cruises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

I have gone to guest services when my husband wasn't Platinum and they said I could bring a guest. When a friend cruised with us later, and we were both Plat, we again went to guest services and they again said we could bring a guest.

With that said let the many condemnations begin.

Of course, they say that so they don't get yelled at but don't complain where you can't get a seat or a drink because the room is filled with people who aren't invited.  

I remember when it was called Past Guest Party.  If I remember correctly you could not bring a guest.

It was a first time cruise for my son his wife and 9 year old child.  They accidentally gave my grandson the wrong card, and he was invited to the party.  I asked him if he was going to take his parents and he said "Heck no they got the wrong color card".  It was so funny and he felt like a big cheese for a day.

Depending on the number of quest almost anyone can go. Funniest part of a recent cruise I skipped the party as usual and in the elevator was a guy drunk as ever and announcing that they had a party going on in the theater. His blue card was hanging on his neck.They normally do not care

I haven't seen staff checking anyone's invite at the door, they are usually too busy smiling, shaking hands and being nice.  I've skipped the last few Plat PG Parties though, so maybe they have started checking?  I much prefer going to the Captain's Diamond guest party anyway, and when I RSVP for that, I'll mention that Evelyn and I are going as a couple.

I remember at some of the 1st PG plat parties I attended, the invites were collected at the door and placed in a box or revolving cylinder.  Towards the end of the party, prior to opening up the theater stage for guests wishing to dance to the live orchestra, they would pull out a few invites and give away some prizes - a spa session, bottle of wine or champagne, something along that order.

Carnival also had a Plat/Diamond priority return line to the ship at the ports back then.  Oh shoot, did I hear someone say cutbacks?

Edited by evandbob