Viking Ocean Deluxe vs. Penthouse Veranda

What was that?

11 minutes ago, What was that? said:

So it has a door and a window? From photos on CruiseDeckPlans.com it looks like the door and window are separated a bit and with a slider it is just one big opening. I suppose on the Northern Lights cruise the swinging door would be preferable to the slider? Maybe. I don't know...

Here's that post you referred to: PV3 Sliding vs. Hinged. It is in a fascinating topic on PVs in general.

We found You Tube to have great independent videos of the different cabins and ship tours.  Much better then VO, IMO.

And - of course - after discussing this with the DW, I found it advisable to submit a request to change to a PV3 with a slider. And as you might suspect, the B2B cruises offer unique challenges to our TA/CC - who is more than up to the task. That is why it is important to shop around and find one that can make things happen, to your advantage!

On 7/1/2019 at 10:13 AM, cocopico said:

We’ve been in a DV, a PS, and three PV cabins and are big fans of the PV cabins.  All three times in the PV cabins we were on Deck 6 forward, which is our preferred cabin location.  It is very quiet with very little traffic, between the forward elevators and the bridge.  Only one flight of stairs up to the pool deck and the World Cafe.  The forward elevators (or stairs) give you quick access to the spa and theater on the lower decks.  The extra space, both living and storage, is well worth it, as is the stocked-daily mini-bar, especially on a longer cruise.  We didn’t use the free pressing service much, but it’s nice if you need it.  If available, I also recommend getting a room with a slider door, rather than a fixed-door/window combo. On deck 6 forward, those cabins are 6006 - 6009 and 6014 - 6015.  (6001 and 6002 are also sliders, but those cabins have somewhat restricted views from the balcony looking forward due to the bridge “wings.”)  

The free pressing...is there a limit on this for a PV1 cabin...ie is it something like one item per day or unlimited no of items as often as you need items pressed?...(just looking at a couple of my husbands linen shirts that i have just washed and am thinkng of leaving them to be ironed on the upcoming VO cruise!)

56 minutes ago, Stumpy60 said:

The free pressing...is there a limit on this for a PV1 cabin...ie is it something like one item per day or unlimited no of items as often as you need items pressed?...(just looking at a couple of my husbands linen shirts that i have just washed and am thinkng of leaving them to be ironed on the upcoming VO cruise!)

No limit.  There is usually a next day turnaround time, but we often got things back sooner than promised.