Booking advice please

Werangels

37 minutes ago, uktog said:

$200 is the value of OBC if booked in the second half of the cruise. 

Exactly Anne!  It will be interesting to hear  the other side of this story. I will report back when I know.

Thankyou.

3 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Werangels,

I'm glad it got sorted out; but I'm curious which ship and departure date you are/were on?

I'd like to let the manager of the onboard team know there's a gap in updated information out there.

Perhaps this shipboard employee is a new hire and still on the steep side of his/her learning curve. It can't be easy to keep up with all the programs as well as the differences between what's offered in our different markets. That's why I always double-check with the HQ in the local market before I respond to a booking issue.

P.S.  yes, I work for Azamara, but remotely. That's the beauty of having the internet.

I am on Pursuit, Croatia Intensive and without wanting to go into public detail have also been mislead (intentionally or unintentionally).  If said person is new, far better to say so themselves when mistakes happen than trust be broken, and I appreciate it is always a learning curve if that is the case.  

22 hours ago, combine said:

Uktog. Bonnie or Phil .....advice needed!

I have a future cruise certificate and asked my travel agent to price up a cruise that also has the new  quarterly saving voyage promotion of 10%. I am Discoverer level. Her reply was this

“I have spoken to Azamara – she said you don’t get 6% on the open passage you get $200 onboard spend with that…”

Is this correct?  I have used this travel agent here in the UK for 15 years and have no reason to think they dont know what questions to ask, but I cant find any definitive answer on the Azamara website FAQ. I knew that there was no OBC offered on an open passage certificate, just the discount. I received email reply  after close of business so havent had a chance to speak with her  and discuss the workings out yet.

many thanks

And the reply today as we all knew it would be from  Azamara is yes the 6% is combinable with an LCV quarterly voyage!! Goodness only knows what the Azamara rep was thinking of. Thanks to those of you who  confirmed the open passage use.

lynda

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, Werangels said:

Finally sorted and booked.  Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions and we did get full OBC; so thanks UKTog for help on that.

The issue was the bookings guy was looking for dates out of the Azamara printed timetable which is out of date and shows the dates for both cruises as being prior to the date changes for charters or whatever the reason was.  So, I gave the month and destination to him and when he looked at the schedule the dates were incorrect.  So, on the database, they were coming up a code red - ie will never come back.

I find it inconceivable that he wasn’t aware of those changes whether that is because it wasn’t communicated by Azamara shoreside or he hadn’t read the ‘possible email’ telling him.  He also tried to tell me that I gave him the wrong dates which I didn’t so, rather cross about that.  Also, rather fed up that it took getting my TA and Azamara UK involved to sort it and get to the bottom of it.  Not to mention, unwanted and unnecessary when on holiday.

I have to say that issues you’ve had onboard are not typical of my experiences personally.  I’d be interested to know who the sales person was onboard, but know that identifying them on a public message board is not appropriate.  Hopefully you will be able to pass on your feedback, either onboard or through the post cruise questionnaire. 

Phil

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I have to say that issues you’ve had onboard are not typical of my experiences personally.  I’d be interested to know who the sales person was onboard, but know that identifying them on a public message board is not appropriate.  Hopefully you will be able to pass on your feedback, either onboard or through the post cruise questionnaire. 

Phil

I’m glad to hear that.

A young male is as close as I am comfortable saying.  I will detail fully in my feedback.  There is also the issue of misleading on other things.  I don’t like to get anyone in trouble but, if he was demonstrating Azamara’s selling techniques they need to change so, I will feedback as I really would not want to deal with him again.