Need some help deciding

skings

Hello I am 76 yrs young LOL and I use a walker (I am mobile for short distances). Need to complete

some of my bucket list trips. I will be travelling solo.

First question,  need to choose between 2 different itineraries, MSC Meraviglia from Copenhagen (visiting St Petersburg) or

MSC Seaview from Barcelona. Plan to stay in port at least 2 days before and after cruise. The timing would be May 2020.

Nonstop flights to Barcelona and Copenhagen are easy for me in Florida. Single old lady with walker and luggage not so easy.

Safety? Barcelona sounds a bit iffy, but I will try to take group tours. 

Pros and cons for either trip would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Hmmmm, tough decision! Both sound like interesting itineraries. A more "northern" route in May 2020 may not be as warm and pleasant as a cruise leaving from Barcelona, so keep that in mind if that's something important to you. One other thing to consider for Barcelona is the streets, especially in the central/tourist area. There are a lot of narrow cobblestone streets, which may be difficult to navigate with a walker. To be honest, I'm not sure if Copenhagen is any better or worse though. 

As long as you're aware of your surroundings and keep your personal belongings close, I wouldn't be overly worried about safety in Barcelona vs. Copenhagen. Organized tours through reputable companies would mitigate that risk somewhat. I would agree that Copenhagen "appears" more safe, but that's a relative term and crime can happen anywhere.

Edited by lab_love123

Thank you lab_love. I agree safety is a relative term and Med would be warmer. I live on the southern Gulf Coast of Florida so cooler temps would be refreshing LOL

I am 61 and have traveled solo forever.....I recommend Barcelona Day Tours. I took one with them in 2017 and it was wonderful.:classic_biggrin:....the group size was small (I think maybe 10 of us) and the van was really nice.  Our guide was named Marta and she was terrific! And I love Barcelona:classic_smile:

Thanks Lois and Dee Dee.  Intend to document my trip starting with flight, including any overnights and tours. Not much info for someone in my situation. Solo, old (76) and mobility impaired, low budget. LOL!