Stateroom Coffee Table?

What was that?

I admit I am being rather obsessive-compulsive regarding planning for our 2021 cruise, but...

We are booked in a PV3 category stateroom, and I am wondering if the coffee table has a feature that allows the top to be raised a bit for more comfortable dining? I have searched high and low for information or photos on this but have found nothing.

30 minutes ago, What was that? said:

I admit I am being rather obsessive-compulsive regarding planning for our 2021 cruise, but...

We are booked in a PV3 category stateroom, and I am wondering if the coffee table has a feature that allows the top to be raised a bit for more comfortable dining? I have searched high and low for information or photos on this but have found nothing.

Cant speak to PV3 but in DV cabins they do not.  You bring up a good point that has been mentioned to VO a number of times.  I come from a maritime background and spent a number of years living on our boat.  We had (as do most yachts) a nice coffee table  that was a hi/lo table.  Easily extended to normal table height for meals.

2 hours ago, What was that? said:

Can confirm it is a static coffee table in the PV3.  Here's a picture of our PV3 room (4010).  

Yes - it would be nice to have a high-low table, as Jim says.  It did make eating room service breakfast a bit awkward since it is so low.  Let's all keep putting that in the comments/suggestions!

1187039001_IMG_0836PV3Room4010.thumb.jpg.5d2e2353fd9c0b2410683659ea684046.jpg

• Like 1

Agree with the others — it is a static height and many of us have posted comments asking that Viking consider an adjustable table when they refresh their stateroom furniture.  When weather permits, the table on the veranda is a good height for eating.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, Jim Avery said:

Cant speak to PV3 but in DV cabins they do not.  You bring up a good point that has been mentioned to VO a number of times.  I come from a maritime background and spent a number of years living on our boat.  We had (as do most yachts) a nice coffee table  that was a hi/lo table.  Easily extended to normal table height for meals.

You could always opt for different items from the menu which wouldn't necessitate the use of a higher level table - or go to Mamsens.

6 hours ago, Parsley Cruises said:

You could always opt for different items from the menu which wouldn't necessitate the use of a higher level table - or go to Mamsens.

Not sure I get your point.  In a thread discussing table height, what difference does the dishes ordered make?  And how does Mamsen's fit into table height?  BTW, not a fan of Mamsen's anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Avery said:

Not sure I get your point.  In a thread discussing table height, what difference does the dishes ordered make?  And how does Mamsen's fit into table height?  BTW, not a fan of Mamsen's anyway.

Ok, to explain: if you order food which needs a knife and fork (fork in left hand and knife in right hand as per standard UK table etiquette) then just maybe a highest table might be needed, but for muesli, yoghurts, pancakes, waffles pastries etc  one can cope quite elegantly by simply lifting the plate or dish; and so the table level doesn’t matter. 

Cant you make it to a restaurant or Mamsens, where the waffles are great and remind us of Flam.