Help with finding cabins for family with 2 wheelchair bound tweens

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Inside accessible rooms are often available, as most people seem to think an inside room is "beneath" them for some reason.

Can't speak for everyone...

I don't book insides, but it's not because I think they are "beneath" me.

I've sailed in an inside once and did not like the experience.

I'd rather cruise less often and have a balcony.

95% of my working hours are spent in windowless interior rooms with fluorescent lighting.

When I go on vacation, I want to go on the balcony in my pajamas if I feel like it.

Please don't generalize.

25 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Can't speak for everyone...

I don't book insides, but it's not because I think they are "beneath" me.

I've sailed in an inside once and did not like the experience.

I'd rather cruise less often and have a balcony.

95% of my working hours are spent in windowless interior rooms with fluorescent lighting.

When I go on vacation, I want to go on the balcony in my pajamas if I feel like it.

Please don't generalize.

She was only saying some people feel that way (although I realize it said “most”).  Ironically, I was attacked (my term) recently for making the most innocent comment about bunk beds and cruise crew - the attack took a single word I used, twisted my intent and then people chimed in to keep on with the verbal pounding suggesting that I was disrespecting our military although I am the wife of a 30 year veteran; one post even suggested that I was lying about being a military wife and suggesting that I was someone who harmed our military. The single word was not looked at in the larger thought, but pulled out and that changes everything. It took the thread entirely from it’s original intent and was personally hurtful as none of it was a tiny bit true. 

i say all this to say that I think  this is a case that is similar in the you may be reading too much into what @brillohead said.  While “most” might have been too strong a word, her comment was specific to this topic and related to a larger point and not meant as a insult as I read it - she just pointed out that some feel that way. Heck, we sail in suites usually and I didn’t think she meant what she said as a slur against me, she was just stating what she saw as a fact (some people do feel that way, doesn’t mean you or I do). The irony here doesn’t change the fact that I believe that she met no harm and I don’t wish to see done what others have done to me 🙂

I understand how you read it and understand your feelings. But this is such an important thread for me to get information for a family member who really needs it so I just ask that it not be turned into something ugly when it doesn’t need to be 😊😊😊

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 2

Hi, I think it great that you are trying to help your nephew.  

Storage can be an issue in HC cabins so try and get your nephew to dissuade his daughters from taking their whole wardrobe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

Hi, I think it great that you are trying to help your nephew.  

Storage can be an issue in HC cabins so try and get your nephew to dissuade his daughters from taking their whole wardrobe.

Good point 😂 They cruised for their honeymoon and then years ago when the girls were much younger. He may not have thought at the clothes-tween situation! Actually it turns out I lost a birthday somewhere, the oldest is now 13 (not 12) and the youngest 10, so increasingly that will be an issue. I think that also means the oldest will be an adult fare 🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by 2Beeze

13 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

...Storage can be an issue in HC cabins so try and get your nephew to dissuade his daughters from taking their whole wardrobe.

That is true! Our HA Spa Jr. Suite on Ovation was surprisingly devoid of storage. Luckily we had brought an over the door clear shoe holder with 24 compartments. It fit perfect on the bedside cabinet and we could see/store all of her supplies. I think this is something that would be great for the bathroom as well...

• Like 1