Any chance of being bumped?

I just booked a December 2020 cruise on the Oasis of the Seas in a Category 1A - Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony. There will be 3 of us, myself, my husband and our 10 year old. I know these used to be family staterooms and have bunk beds (which my son is looking forward to). I think they can hold up to 6 so I was wondering if Royal could bump us if a larger family needed the room, or if we’re locked in. I’ve heard rumblings of people being moved around on the Oasis. My son is high energy so I really would prefer to have the extra space. Thanks for any insight. 

1 minute ago, janayandgary said:

I just booked a December 2020 cruise on the Oasis of the Seas in a Category 1A - Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony. There will be 3 of us, myself, my husband and our 10 year old. I know these used to be family staterooms and have bunk beds (which my son is looking forward to). I think they can hold up to 6 so I was wondering if Royal could bump us if a larger family needed the room, or if we’re locked in. I’ve heard rumblings of people being moved around on the Oasis. My son is high energy so I really would prefer to have the extra space. Thanks for any insight. 

They won’t bump you because you have 3.  If they bump you because of the recategorization that is a separate matter although I feel like they have bumped everyone they need to bump.

21 minutes ago, janayandgary said:

We were bumped on a spring break trip a couple of years ago.  Had the type of cabin you are referring to on the Brilliance and apparently Royal had oversold the cruise.  They needed the cabin and we were only a party of 3 in a 6 person cabin.  We received a call the Friday afternoon prior to our Sunday departure.  They said they needed our room and offered to "upgrade" us to a balcony room.  I told them we usually book balcony rooms and did not this time because we specifically wanted the larger room for the extra space.  Thanks but no thanks.....I didn't consider that an upgrade.  We had actually paid as much for that specific room as the balcony cabins at the time of booking.  I told them we would be happy to move to a suite.  They said they did not have any suites available and then came back with "we will move you to a balcony room and refund your cruise fare."  I agreed to that!!  I am not sure what they would have done had I said no we are staying put.  I suspect they would have moved us anyway based on some posts here but thankfully it worked out well for us.  We booked the same type cabin this past spring break on the Navigator so that we could again attempt to have a little extra space.  We figured if we got the room we would be happy, or if we got another call like the year before that would be good too!  Did not lose the room and loved it.  I think it is probably pretty rare for them to move you but can for sure happen.  When we did get the room this year my daughter loved the bunk area and felt like she had her own little private room.  The extra closet was a plus too.  I felt like our situation was handled well.  If they had they just moved us without asking though, which apparently is within their right, I would not have been happy.   I wouldn't worry too much about it, if they do need the room hopefully you will get some good perks out of it. Happy cruising! 

• Like 1

You are in a cabin which has a higher cabin occupancy than you have booked it for.

Yes, there is a chance that you may be bumped if there is a party that needs that size cabin.

Will you be notified ahead of time? Hopefully, yes, but that is not a given.

Will you be given an upgrade or offered other compensation? Don't count on it. The move may be a lateral move to a cabin that the cruise line considers equal in value. You may not.