Inside Stateroom on Escape

Hi we will be on Escape Sunday and I have 4 teenagers staying in a inside cabin, Im getting a  little nervous now that they will not have enough room and maybe I should try  to get a balcony room for them.  Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in one and how it was.  Thanks

11 minutes ago, cruisingmomof5 said:

Hi we will be on Escape Sunday and I have 4 teenagers staying in a inside cabin, Im getting a  little nervous now that they will not have enough room and maybe I should try  to get a balcony room for them.  Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in one and how it was.  Thanks

I wouldn't change it. My daughter and her 2 cousins (age 18 - 20) stayed in an inside cabin on the escape last July and did just fine. A 4th teenager isn't going to mess that up. The cabin is stupid small but kids make it work. Maybe 1 or 2 go back early to take showers and then leave when others are getting ready. 

Again, I wouldn't change it. They'll have so much fun and laugh so much. It'll be a story in itself. 

Have a great trip! 

Bring an over-the-door shoe organizer so they will have plenty of room to store things.  Also, have them discuss what items they are bringing so they don't have multiples.  (shampoo, toothpaste etc.)  If they are organized they can make it work.

• Like 1

Not sure about teenagers but as an Adult I am a little worried for my wife and I. I have stayed in several Insides but none as small as this. Its not so much the size but the lack of storage I am worried about. 

A balcony room is not going to be that much bigger than the inside, other than it having the balcony of course.  And, do you want to worry about four teens and a balcony, lol.  Besides the odds of being able to score a balcony cabin this close to sailing are not so good.  They are going to have such a great time, they won't care about the cramped space.

• Like 1

Balconies are worth it when you anticipate spending more time in your room. I'd imagine that the kids are going to be out and about most of the time anyway, and the extra space and cost would just go to waste. 

The four-bed setup in an inside (not my picture) actually looks like it would be pretty efficient. As long as they pack light, it should be fine.

Norwegian-Escape-433-5699b37b3df78cafda9115e0.thumb.JPG.db9be4a0b0be3e7c67006ffc1430d0d8.JPG

• Like 1

My teens hung up their nicer clothes and just left their other stuff in suitcases under or on the beds.  Drove me crazy.  I brought little collapsible storage bins from dollar store since the Escape is long on shelves, short on drawers...I don't think they unpacked enough to even find them let alone use them.

A few magnetic clips are nice for the walls to hand lanyards, sunglasses, and other stuff like that from.   

Over the door storage is good for bathroom door as mentioned above (has to hang on outside of door because of hooks and racks on inside of door). 

And, a skinny hanging shoe rack that Velcros over closet rack is good because four teens is lot of shoes and sandals on the floor of the closet. 

My teens are never in the room except to sleep (which they do between the hours of 1 and 11) and to get ready to do next activity (change from swim suit to shorts to back to swim suit to clothes for dinner to back to swim suit for hot tub to clothes for dancing).   I tipped the steward a little extra on the first day, asked him to make sure the kids had fresh towels and told him not to worry about making up the room or turning down the room as there was either someone sleeping in there or someone's suitcase on bed.

I would not pay more money to get teens a better room:  in my experience they don't spend enough waking time in the room to make it worth while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gizfish said:

A balcony room is not going to be that much bigger than the inside, other than it having the balcony of course.  And, do you want to worry about four teens and a balcony, lol.  Besides the odds of being able to score a balcony cabin this close to sailing are not so good.  They are going to have such a great time, they won't care about the cramped space.

I disagree, balcony is much larger than an inside. They have a whole area for the couch that an inside room does not have, plus the outside balcony too. 

However, I feel like the teens should be able to make it work and not spend that much time in the cabin anyway. There are many parts of the ship for them to hangout. 

7 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I wouldn't change it. My daughter and her 2 cousins (age 18 - 20) stayed in an inside cabin on the escape last July and did just fine. A 4th teenager isn't going to mess that up. The cabin is stupid small but kids make it work. Maybe 1 or 2 go back early to take showers and then leave when others are getting ready. 

Again, I wouldn't change it. They'll have so much fun and laugh so much. It'll be a story in itself. 

Have a great trip! 

Thank you. I see your from Long Island Also

6 hours ago, gizfish said:

Thanks I was thinking the same thing and thats why I got inside room to begin with.