NCL goes RCL Dining questions

Hi All! We are usually NCL cruisers but have recently booked a winter cruise on Harmony. We are super excited. I've been scrolling the forms but am still a little confused about dining. If we do one of the packages can we reserve in advance? I was under the impression you couldn't reserve for the unlimited but for the others you could. When I looked at the 3 night package thought it also says a res would be made for us night one or two and the rest could be made on board. So does that mean no reservations with any package? Will we end up having issues getting reservations for times and venues if we have to wait until we board?

Also as a bonus whats your fav thing to eat on Harmony?

Thanks!

You cannot reserve in advance with the dining packages.

If you must reserve in advance, then you have the option to pay full price.

Otherwise, if you are somewhat flexible, and make your reservations as soon as you board the ship, you should be OK.

Yes you cannot reserve anything in advance when using the packages, even if you have dietary restrictions and have only specific places to eat at. This happened to me because I contacted RCL thinking that an exception could be made for us to book in advance with the package because of my travel partner having dietary restrictions that limit which of the specialty restaurants she can eat at. But there wasn’t any options offered to reserve in advance in her case. 

So I had to book the restaurants separately in order to guarantee that we got the only places that we can eat at. 

If there isn’t a super specific place or time that you want for your dinners, then I believe that you should be fine. However, if there are only specific ones that you can eat at, then you might potentially run into issues. But I’ve never waited until boarding to reserve so I am not certain for sure. 

Happy Cruising. 

Always have a package or two, have never had a problem getting days or times we want.  Make your first stop at any of the specialty restaurants as soon as you board to make your reservations for the week.  We do tend to make all reservations for 8 pm or later.  Oasis Class ships are awesome. happy cruising