Disappointed with Norwegian

CruncheyFrog

2 hours ago, Safety Squirrel said:

No Canadian insurance does not stink.  Unfortunately the OP did not do all her homework and relied on credit card insurance.  There are companies who insure prior existing conditions -- some are expensive and some moderately priced.  Some policies have 2-5-10 year exclusions.  A good insurance broker will assist someone with the best insurance for their circumstances.

Credit Card insurance can sound very good -- but make sure you read the fine print.  About a year ago I was invited to apply for a credit card with excellent benefits which required having a specific income.  To make a long story short -- when I read the insurance coverage - I thought - Great might not have to purchase annual out of province medical & cancellation insurance!!!  And then ..... I read the tiny, tiny, tiny fine print -- saying that it was only for people under 65 years.  So -- all the benefits did not apply to me and I still purchase annual medical & cancellation insurance to cover any trips/cruises that I may take.

I hope that the OP will be able to travel and enjoy her cruise.

Thank you for your informative post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samstress said:

Wow...remind me never to complain about NCL.  It's like throwing a bone to a dog:-)  But  I am actually a huge fan of NCL & I've never found fault with any of my dealings with them. So people back off!!  We are all entitled to our opinions on our experiences.  And if it doesn't personally hurt us then let someone  vent.

So...CruncheyFrog I guess you missed the mark in getting the proper insurance.  I am also Canadian and your insurance absolutely has to be more than just 'well my Mastercard makes sure I'm safe'.  We as Canadians do have the advantage of having full on health care for everyone; but that doesn't travel with you.  Sometimes things happen and you need a place to vent..apparently this isn't the place.  

Cheers, Sandy

Thanks Sandy. I've never had any previous health issues, so the insurance provided by my credit card seemed sufficient. Buying Cancel Any Time is fairly expensive, and buying coverage for pre-existing conditions at the time I booked wasn't necessary, as my pancreatitis attack occurred after my final payment had been made. I don't mind that people disagree with me, but some of the vitriol leveled at me seems a little over the top.

4 hours ago, Diane67B said:

I think perhaps we should give the OP a break at this point. Don’t you? He has repeatedly stated his case. This conversation is just going in circles now. Like I mentioned previously, I am also in Canada and always purchase awesome insurance that protects me from everything that may go wrong, before or during the cruise. I am sure in the future, the OP will look into better coverage.

Hope everyone here is having an awesome evening.

Thank you Diane.

6 hours ago, CruncheyFrog said:

Thanks Sandy. I've never had any previous health issues, so the insurance provided by my credit card seemed sufficient. Buying Cancel Any Time is fairly expensive, and buying coverage for pre-existing conditions at the time I booked wasn't necessary, as my pancreatitis attack occurred after my final payment had been made. I don't mind that people disagree with me, but some of the vitriol leveled at me seems a little over the top.

No one is criticizing you about your complaint about NCL. We are trying to explain, you are the one who happens to be wrong on this one. NCL works just like any other cruise line. There are gripes about NCL that are legit, this one is not.  I do agree it is time for all of us to let this one die a natural death. OP, you as well as I and others have allowed this thread to continue.