Denmark Intensive Voyage Itinerary Changes

vival

We were booked on the Denmark Intensive Voyage on Quest June 2020 and yesterday our TA informed us of major changes in the itinerary! This was to be our 8th Azamara cruise and we were really looking forward to it especially visiting the smaller Danish ports.

The cruise is now called Northern Capitals Voyage. We feel the changes that have been made will change the whole experience, we have no desire to visit Rotterdam, Amsterdam or Warnemunde. It has been changed to a very different type of cruise to the one we booked!

They are also including a Kiel Canal transit which we would like to do sometime - so one positive!

We feel that that options that they are offering us in terms of sticking with the cruise booked, changing to another or cancelling completely, are quite fair, except that we booked our flights on 30th June. They don’t seem to be offering to reimburse these costs if we were to cancel and book a different voyage.

We love Azamara but unfortunately just don’t think this now is the cruise for us.

We have always found Azamara to be very fair in dealing with issues in the past so hopefully we will be able to get this sorted.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

As  you have cruised so often why not contact the LCV ambassadors, explain the specifics of your situation (flights already booked etc) and ask them to put you in touch with someone who can discuss the full reimbursement issue with you as it is unfair you will be out of pocket

• Like 2

Hi Vival, yes there IS compensation for your air. Your TA will have all the information. Just wondering, are you domestic (US) or booking international?

Did you receive the letter discussing the changes or did you hear verbally? 

I ask because the other day I looked for your voyage Roll Call to post the letter but there wasn’t a Roll Call.

4 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Vival, yes there IS compensation for your air. Your TA will have all the information. Just wondering, are you domestic (US) or booking international?

I ask because the other day I looked for your voyage Roll Call to post the letter but there wasn’t a Roll Call.

Bonnie, we were affected by the same change and received the notification letter via our travel agent last week, like the OP we had also booked air on the 30th June when BA released the flight to take advantage of reward flights with our FF miles.

We were somewhat disappointed with the revised but the Kiel Canal was a plus, however so we could fully understand our options I did query a couple of points including compensation for air. I phoned the number on the letter but customer service could not answer the questions other than refer it to a supervisor, unfortunately as we booked with a travel agent they could only respond to them.

So as we are in the U.K. I emailed Richard Twynam to see if he could help, I quickly received a response from a department called Exec Escalations UK. with clarity for the points raised including a statement that there was no compensation for air with this change.

5 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Thank you Bonnie for your quick encouraging response, we received a copy of the letter from our TA on Tuesday and there was no mention of air. I haven’t as yet spoken to her about it I intend to do that this morning, I thought I would ask here first and I’m glad I did. 

Thank you uktog and Riocca for your replies, I will post an update when we have one. Richard Twyman has been very helpful in the past. 

My TA spoke to Azamara UK yesterday and they are happy to refund our flights for the above cruise. I sent the details to Azamara last night and they replied this morning asking for an e mail from the airline stating that they were not refunding the cost. I hadn’t cancelled the flights as I was waiting to be sure that Azamara would compensate me for them. I’ve done so now so am awaiting an email from SAS. 

Thank you Bonnie for your input, Im very happy with the way this has been handled so far and will post again when we get the actual refund.

Meanwhile this enabled us to transfer our deposit to an itinerary that was better for us and thanks to LCV discounts our new cruise is a similar price.

I know from reading these boards lots of people have had many issues with Azamara Head office, but we have once again been very happy with their service. 

• Like 3

Thank you vival! I'm glad it was settled to your satisfaction. And I especially appreciate your mention that you are happy with our Azamara head office ❤️  ❤️

We have a very devoted team; each and every one is passionate about the company and the product we deliver to our guests.

A newcomer to this forum might think otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

We received the full refund from Azamara for our flights on Friday. The delay was entirely due to SAS who took nearly 3 weeks to cancel our booking! When we got our cancellation email I forwarded it to Azamara and I was surprised and delighted to get a call from them within an hour saying the refund would be processed immediately and it was. 

I was chatting to the agent, a very helpful girl (not sure if I should mention names here) and she told me that Azamara were really focused on improving their Customer Relations department and to that end they were now based in USA and that she came to work at 2:30am in order to be at her desk at 8:30am UK time to deal with enquires. 

We are now looking forward to our rebooked cruise next Spring. 

So well done Azamara! Hopefully all their customer service will be as good as we received.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1