Equinox vs Reflection

ALWAYS CRUZIN

I am totally confused on these two ships and here is why. Just returned from a cruise on the equinox. Doing a trivia, the last quest ion was. Which ship is Celebrity's largest? I immediately wrote the EDGE. Yup, I was wrong. But the answer really had me confused. It was the Reflection. I asked them about that and was told the Reflection has an addition deck. Really? OK, so today I looked them up. The Reflection is a bit larger then the Equinox. So that is correct. However, Totally confused on the decks. Wikipedia shows the Equinox with 19 decks and the Reflection having 17 decks. Looking at several deck plans, I see 16 for both. All deck plans show 3 to 16 not showing the below decks as 1 & 2. Looking for the answer to my dilemma.

On Equinox the pool is on deck 12 with the buffet on 14 (no 13).  Reflection has the pool and buffet on the same level which is deck 14. Reflection deck 12  is all cabins until the spa and gym area starts forward. Under the pool area is where the 'extra' deck exists. I actually like the setup of Reflection the best. The total count of 17 decks for either ship isn't correct since there is no deck 13. 

Edited by paulh84

Right no deck 13 on either ship. Reducing the number to 15 as shown on Celebrity's web site.

I am really trying to understand you on where the extra deck is as it is not indicated on any deck plans.

What is on that extra deck?

23 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Right no deck 13 on either ship. Reducing the number to 15 as shown on Celebrity's web site.

I am really trying to understand you on where the extra deck is as it is not indicated on any deck plans.

What is on that extra deck?

It's not an entire extra deck. Reflection has the pools on deck 14. Silhouette has pools on deck 12. Reflection has additional cabins on deck 12 where the pool is located on Silhouette. The pool deck itself was brought up a deck on Reflection.

If you look at pictures you can see on Reflection the jogging track and lawn are on the same deck. On Silhouette, you would need to go up a flight of stairs to access the lawn from the track. 

6 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Same number of decks, but not the same amount of space on decks 14 and 15.

Reflection has a full deck 14, while all the other S-class ships have large open spaces on deck 14. On Reflection you can walk from end to end on deck 15 while on the other S-class ships there is no connection between the forward and aft sections of deck 15.

Reflection is 6 feet longer, can carry 194 more passengers, but has 5 less crew space!

12 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Same number of decks, but not the same amount of space on decks 14 and 15.

Reflection has a full deck 14, while all the other S-class ships have large open spaces on deck 14. On Reflection you can walk from end to end on deck 15 while on the other S-class ships there is no connection between the forward and aft sections of deck 15.

Reflection is 6 feet longer, can carry 194 more passengers, but has 5 less crew space!

Reflection is also 2' wider than Equinox.

20 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I am totally confused on these two ships and here is why. Just returned from a cruise on the equinox. Doing a trivia, the last quest ion was. Which ship is Celebrity's largest? I immediately wrote the EDGE. Yup, I was wrong. But the answer really had me confused. It was the Reflection. I asked them about that and was told the Reflection has an addition deck. Really? OK, so today I looked them up. The Reflection is a bit larger then the Equinox. So that is correct. However, Totally confused on the decks. Wikipedia shows the Equinox with 19 decks and the Reflection having 17 decks. Looking at several deck plans, I see 16 for both. All deck plans show 3 to 16 not showing the below decks as 1 & 2. Looking for the answer to my dilemma.

Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse are almost identical

Then they built Silhouette and made her a little larger as they'd learnt from the first three and decided to increase the number of cabins to increase revenue etc.

Then came Reflection, the last of the five Solstice class ships which is the largest of all. 

Edge is smaller than reflection as is Apex. Going forward there are some reports suggesting that future E class ships will be larger than Edge and have been nicknamed 'Edge Jumbo'. Don't be in the least bit surprised if the fourth or fifth E class ship vary from the third as it's likely Miami will come up with ideas to further increase revenues one way or another. 

18 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Does this explain where. Future cruise area maybe.

Essentially yes. If you were standing on deck 12 midship on Silhouette you would be in the pool. If you were standing in that same spot deck 12 onReflection, you would be standing in a cabin.

fullsizeoutput_1bbd.jpeg