Medallion net packages

Wonder18

If purchased 4  device package can all four devices be used at the same time.  Do they have different login IDs. In cruise planner does it matter which name you purchase it in 

I've never had one (4-device), but have had one and two devices on other lines and feel confident that I can answer your question.

Yes all four can be on line at once. No it doesn't matter whose name it is booked under; all will have their own log-ins. And any of those log-ins can be used by multiple devices, just not at once.

So if one of the four [people?] should have a phone and a tablet, no problem just log off one and on with the other. Probably no logging off is required; when the second/other device logs on it will kick the other off.

Now, on the other hand, if you do NOT have four people, only say, two people who have two devices apiece, you would need only two licenses/devices -- unless one of you needs to be on phone and tablet/computer at the same time!

ETA: an example. My DH and I each had a log-in on RCI. He needed two devices (his phone and his netbook) connected concurrently to confirm security on a hyper-confidential website. As soon as the confirmation was done, I could "steal" my log-in back for my own phone and do email stuff while he continued on his computer.

Hope that helped!

Edited by crystalspin

I am on the sky princess in February  4 device is offered in my cruise planner. I called princess for clarification and they told me   It is only offered on board the first day. I told him that I am looking at it on my cruise planner at that moment.  They were kind of in shock told me if it’s their book it

19 hours ago, Wonder18 said:

If purchased 4  device package can all four devices be used at the same time.  Do they have different login IDs. In cruise planner does it matter which name you purchase it in 

I am just off the Caribbean Princess with the 4 device package.

They all share the same login, but are recognized as separate devices. 

In the Cruise Planner, it does matter which name you purchase it in because of the way you login.

The process is as follows:

1) Connect to the Ship's wifi

2) Navigate in your browser to "login.com". It will redirect to the princess Ocean Concierge website.

3) Go through a few obvious prompts to the login screen

4) Enter your cabin number and birthdate of the person with the package (this is where it makes a difference). If you accidentally enter the wrong birthdate, then go to logout.com to clear the connection and repeat from step 2. Note: It is bad design NOT to have a logout menu option in Ocean Concierge.

5) It will then have a button to connect.

6) Once you hit that button, it will show you how many devices are connected, and confirm that you want to connect again (this might have happened at step 5, but it still is a 2 step process). If you already have 4 device connected, then you have to select one to disconnect. I never had more than 3 connected, so I didn't look to see how to identify which device I was disconnecting.

We had 3 devices (2 phones and a table). Having the extra (4th) was useful when using the ship's internet cafe (full size screen and keyboard). It would then be the 4th device, and I wouldn't have to logoff one of the other devices. Saved me from having to bring along a laptop.

The only downside for 2 people sharing the 4 devices is that the Ocean Concierge chat feature is tied to the person logged in. All the apps had their own login (unfortunately, because it was annoying having to re-login every time I used an app). However, if you have 2 devices connected to the internet, you can communicate through e-mail (or iMessage if you both have iPhones), which is more reliable than the chat feature.

Edited by richmke