ROYAL CLASS CABINS

Babs02

We are looking to book a cruise on the Sky Princess. 

We have never been on a Royal Class ship before and are used to the Caribe deck cabins on the Grand Class.

Can anyone advise where the best balcony cabins are on the Royal Class ships. As it seems the Caribe deck doesn't have the half and half larger balconies.

We usually book a balcony and inside room for 3 of us and then all use the balcony.

I realise that no one has experience of the Sky Princess but I believe she will be similar to the Royal class ships.

So any advice you can give would be great.

Honestly it comes down to personal preference of where you like being on a ship. For example I love the emerald deck being midship. You are correct that the caribe deck does not have the extended balconies on the royal class ships. to be advised that on emerald deck not all cabins have a clear view outside as the lifeboats tend to obstruct some cab. But those cabins will be labeled as obstructed balconies. Anything above dolphin and up has no obstructions.

37 minutes ago, Babs02 said:

We are looking to book a cruise on the Sky Princess. 

We have never been on a Royal Class ship before and are used to the Caribe deck cabins on the Grand Class.

Can anyone advise where the best balcony cabins are on the Royal Class ships. As it seems the Caribe deck doesn't have the half and half larger balconies.

We usually book a balcony and inside room for 3 of us and then all use the balcony.

I realise that no one has experience of the Sky Princess but I believe she will be similar to the Royal class ships.

So any advice you can give would be great.

No big balconies like the Grand Class ships.

The area under the Skywalk on the Regal/Royal had an odd shape and were a tad larger.

Not sure how that will pan out on the Sky.

Premium aft facing balconies are a little bigger too.

Some thoughts:

Most side facing balconies, regardless of cabin category, the same size, small, and covered, approximately 9'x4'.

Mid ship balconies, under the skywalk are angled and a little larger.

Unlike previous Royal Class ships the skywalk on the Sky Princess has solid flooring blocking the view onto the balconies below.

Besides the mid ship angled balconies the Sky Princess has more cabins with larger balconies than previous Royal Class ships. You can locate these on decks 8 and 9 as well as a few forward facing balconies on deck 15 and 16.

Aft facing balconies have various sizes.

Interiors of standard balcony cabins are fairly similar to those you have seen on Grand Class ships. Bathrooms are a little larger.

Deluxe balcony cabins are just slightly larger than a standard balcony cabin and have a 2 seat sofa.

Thanks for the replies so far. 

Think I may look at Dolphin deck. Problem seems to be in getting an inside cabin opposite. Most decks have limited inside cabins opposite/by balconies. Many are opposite mini suites. Other than Caribe deck which balcony cabins look smaller.

Will continue to look but any more advice would be good.