Princess Barclays Credit Card

nukesubsailor

Yesterday I logged in to my Princess credit card account with Barclays to redeem points against a purchase I made for a Princess cruise.

The purchase was in excess of $4,001 and was made on 1/24/19.  As I went to select that purchase to redeem against for statement credit,

I found that the purchase was not on the list.  It has not been 180 days since the purchase so it should have still been listed.  Then I noticed that

5 other purchases from Princess that were in excess of the $4,001 minimum amount for the 2% redemption rate were not on the list either.

Is there any reason to remove them other than to screw card holders out of the 2% redemption rate?

It's a 1.5% redemption rate. If you call them, they will be gladly to help you. Many times I just tell them I want to cash in all my points for the redemption rate. Which they can do, just as long as there was a recent princess purchase within the 180 days. 

12 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

I'm gonna have to go check on our account.  I am hoping its just a computer glitch.

Did you happen to call them and ask what happened?

🤞

I sent an email to Barclays this morning.  I also copied the email to Princess Customer Relations.  I have heard nothing from Barclays yet.  I just got a phone call from a very nice lady from Princess Customer Relations.  She informed me that she sent the email to the Princess office that is the liaison with Barclays.  Please let me know if you have any missing purchases of over $4001 on your list of purchases that you can redeem points against for statement credit.  

4 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

It's a 1.5% redemption rate. If you call them, they will be gladly to help you. Many times I just tell them I want to cash in all my points for the redemption rate. Which they can do, just as long as there was a recent princess purchase within the 180 days. 

My original post mentioned purchases of over $4001.  Your 1.5% redemption rate is for purchases of $2001 - $4000.99

From the terms and conditions for the Barclay Princess Visa card.

"Statement Credit Redemptions

• You may redeem points for statement credits toward eligible purchases made using your Princess Cruises Rewards Visa Card. The redemption can be made online at BarclaysUS.com or by calling the number on the back of your card.

• You may redeem points for statement credits towards any purchase from the World’s Leading Cruise Line brands (Carnival, Costa, P&O Australia, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Aida, Cunard, Seabourn, Fathom) or any airline purchase that is equal to or greater than $50 and has posted to the Account within the prior 180 days. World's Leading Cruise Line brands are subject to change. For a complete list, please visit worldsleadingcruiselines.com.

• The statement credit redemption value for airline purchases and World’s Leading Cruise Line Cruises will be 1%.

• Airline purchases must be submitted by merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in these categories to qualify for redemption.

• Airlines: Airline purchases are defined as air carriers, airlines, airports, airport terminals and flying fields as identified by the merchant category codes.

• The amount of points needed to redeem will vary by transaction.

• If you do not have enough points available to redeem for the full purchase amount, you will only be able to redeem within pre-determined statement credit increments as follows:

• $50.00 increments between $5,000.00.

• Redemptions start at 5,000 points for a $50 statement credit toward an eligible Princess Cruise purchase. Statement credit redemption value toward Princess Cruises purchases will vary based on the amount of the Princess Cruise purchase as follows:

• Princess Cruise purchases within the last 180 days:

• $50 to $499.99 will have a redemption value of 1%

• $500 to $2,000.99 will have a redemption value of 1.25%

• $2,001 to $4,000.99 will have a redemption value of 1.50%

• $4,001 and up will have a redemption value of 2.00%

• If you redeem your points for a statement credit, the credit will be posted to your Account within 1-2 business days and will appear on your Account billing statement within 1 billing cycle.

• Statement credits reduce your Account balance but cannot be applied toward any minimum payment requirement and are otherwise subject to the terms and conditions applicable to your Account."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

My original post mentioned purchases of over $4001.  Your 1.5% redemption rate is for purchases of $2001 - $4000.99

From the terms and conditions for the Barclay Princess Visa card.

"Statement Credit Redemptions

• You may redeem points for statement credits toward eligible purchases made using your Princess Cruises Rewards Visa Card. The redemption can be made online at BarclaysUS.com or by calling the number on the back of your card.

• You may redeem points for statement credits towards any purchase from the World’s Leading Cruise Line brands (Carnival, Costa, P&O Australia, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Aida, Cunard, Seabourn, Fathom) or any airline purchase that is equal to or greater than $50 and has posted to the Account within the prior 180 days. World's Leading Cruise Line brands are subject to change. For a complete list, please visit worldsleadingcruiselines.com.

• The statement credit redemption value for airline purchases and World’s Leading Cruise Line Cruises will be 1%.

• Airline purchases must be submitted by merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in these categories to qualify for redemption.

• Airlines: Airline purchases are defined as air carriers, airlines, airports, airport terminals and flying fields as identified by the merchant category codes.

• The amount of points needed to redeem will vary by transaction.

• If you do not have enough points available to redeem for the full purchase amount, you will only be able to redeem within pre-determined statement credit increments as follows:

• $50.00 increments between $5,000.00.

• Redemptions start at 5,000 points for a $50 statement credit toward an eligible Princess Cruise purchase. Statement credit redemption value toward Princess Cruises purchases will vary based on the amount of the Princess Cruise purchase as follows:

• Princess Cruise purchases within the last 180 days:

• $50 to $499.99 will have a redemption value of 1%

• $500 to $2,000.99 will have a redemption value of 1.25%

• $2,001 to $4,000.99 will have a redemption value of 1.50%

• $4,001 and up will have a redemption value of 2.00%

• If you redeem your points for a statement credit, the credit will be posted to your Account within 1-2 business days and will appear on your Account billing statement within 1 billing cycle.

• Statement credits reduce your Account balance but cannot be applied toward any minimum payment requirement and are otherwise subject to the terms and conditions applicable to your Account."

I thank you for this. Shows how much I pay attention, as I've had the card for about 10yrs. Always learning something new everyday.

• Like 2

I just redeemed over 200,000 points on my Princess Visa towards a purchase of over $4001 at the 2% rate (so I doubt they're looking to screw people out of that if they let mine go through). The purchase was made in late April, and I redeemed the points in early May. I did still see the cruise deposit from January showing in the list of eligible purchases to redeem against at that time (but didn't select that). I had no trouble at all redeeming my points. I'd imagine it's a glitch. Given how close you are to the 180 days I don't think I'd wait for a response. I'd call them until someone answered and resolved it.

50 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

I just redeemed over 200,000 points on my Princess Visa towards a purchase of over $4001 at the 2% rate (so I doubt they're looking to screw people out of that if they let mine go through). The purchase was made in late April, and I redeemed the points in early May. I did still see the cruise deposit from January showing in the list of eligible purchases to redeem against at that time (but didn't select that). I had no trouble at all redeeming my points. I'd imagine it's a glitch. Given how close you are to the 180 days I don't think I'd wait for a response. I'd call them until someone answered and resolved it.

The disappearance of all of the $4001+ purchases from my redemption list has happened just recently as I made a redemption in late June at the 2% rate without problem.  It was then that I made a note of the next purchase I needed to redeem against before the 180 expiration date arrived.  

38 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

The disappearance of all of the $4001+ purchases from my redemption list has happened just recently as I made a redemption in late June at the 2% rate without problem.  It was then that I made a note of the next purchase I needed to redeem against before the 180 expiration date arrived.  

Are all of your transactions missing? Or just the ones over $4001?

I just checked my account and I still see the other charges I haven't redeemed against.

13 hours ago, Dani24 said:

Are all of your transactions missing? Or just the ones over $4001?

I just checked my account and I still see the other charges I haven't redeemed against.

Not all transactions are missing.  Just the 6 transactions over $4001.

5 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

Not all transactions are missing.  Just the 6 transactions over $4001.

nukesubsailor……...please  let  me  know  the  outcome.

All  my Princess eligible  transactions  are  gone  and I  called  Princess Rewards  Center  and got  no where,  asked  to  speak  to  a  supervisor and  still  no  answer.  They  will look  into my  transactions.  

I made  a  redemption on 5/20/2019  for  a  statement  credit and  according  to  the   supervisor they  used my most  recent purchase  over $4001,  instead  of  the  one  I had chosen that   was older.

Wishing   you better  luck

2 hours ago, cruiser113 said:

nukesubsailor……...please  let  me  know  the  outcome.

All  my Princess eligible  transactions  are  gone  and I  called  Princess Rewards  Center  and got  no where,  asked  to  speak  to  a  supervisor and  still  no  answer.  They  will look  into my  transactions.  

I made  a  redemption on 5/20/2019  for  a  statement  credit and  according  to  the   supervisor they  used my most  recent purchase  over $4001,  instead  of  the  one  I had chosen that   was older.

Wishing   you better  luck

By not using the oldest purchase they could be hoping it hits the 180 day expiration before you can use it.

Please let Princess Customer Services know of your experience. Their email address is customerrelations@princesscruises.com

They will pass your email on to the department that is the liaison with Barclays.  

You can also email Barclays employee Rachael Mortensen to state your case at rmortensen@barclaycardus.com

Barclay Rewards Customer Service Manager phone number   1-866-928-3106

The only response I have gotten from Barclays has been a message on my account page.  They said they really want to give great service and they reviewed my account and see that I have 3 transactions with Princess Passage that I can redeem against.  Of course those are all small transactions that only get a 1% redemption rate.  I replied back and told them to review my statements for January through the current one for July and they will see 6 transactions with Princess Passage that qualify for the 2% redemption rate.

Edited by nukesubsailor
  • Like 1

Late last night I got this message from Barclays.

We have forwarded your issue to the appropriate area for further review.    Please understand that all casework is typically completed within 7-10 business days; however, please be advised that the investigation can take up to 30 days to complete depending on the complexity of the situation.  Rest assured that once reviewed, we will make the necessary adjustments, if applicable.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Furthermore, should you want to follow-up about the progress of your case, you may send us a Secure Message, or contact us through phone at 866-872-6248.  We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and will be happy to assist you. 

We do understand the frustration of waiting for this issue to be resolved; however, we need to ask for your continued patience while we are working for the resolution.  If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message. 

Sincerely,

Customer Care

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Maybe a few accounts got messed up; Barclay may not even know about the screw up until you contacted them. 

The transactions that are now missing from the redemption list were scattered throughout the 2 page list.  They were not contiguous so an accidental deletion of a block would not have gotten all of them.  They cherry-picked just the transactions that were redeemable at the 2% rate.  I cannot image how that could have happened accidentally.

This is not the first trouble card holders have had with Barclays.  I am sure they will drag out their investigation into my case until the 180 day expiration date for one or more of the transactions they "disappeared" has been reached to make sure they won't have to pay the 2%

Yep. I just took a look last weekend and I had 2 purchases in May for $2000 for Princess gift card that is not showing up.  

I just figured I would do what I usually do and send them a message on the website and get the standard statement of thank you for notifying us and we will take a look and you should have an answer in about 2 weeks. 

Good thing I am not redeeming those points yet <grin>

14 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

Yep. I just took a look last weekend and I had 2 purchases in May for $2000 for Princess gift card that is not showing up.  

I just figured I would do what I usually do and send them a message on the website and get the standard statement of thank you for notifying us and we will take a look and you should have an answer in about 2 weeks. 

Decided to join in the game if let's check our purchases. Yup all mine of higher value are missing too.

24 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

Ok. I just called the princess credit card and they said that they just recently had a computer system update and that may have caused the issue with all the amazing missing transactions that are $1,000 and higher. She said give it 24-48 hours and hopefully it will readjust itself. If not they'll just get another call for me again.

Edited by Jeter02

58 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Ok. I just called the princess credit card and they said that they just recently had a computer system update and that may have caused the issue with all the amazing missing transactions that are $1,000 and higher. She said give it 24-48 hours and hopefully it will readjust itself. If not they'll just get another call for me again.

Welcome to the "been lied to" club.  My list still shows a couple of transactions for between $1000 and $1999.

• Like 1

Just now, nukesubsailor said:

Welcome to the "been lied to" club.  My list still shows a couple of transactions for between $1000 and $1999.

Yeah I know. They will just continue to get my nagging calls. I'll give them 48hrs, then if not fix I'll be requesting a supervisor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 4:17 PM, nukesubsailor said:

By not using the oldest purchase they could be hoping it hits the 180 day expiration before you can use it.

Please let Princess Customer Services know of your experience. Their email address is customerrelations@princesscruises.com

They will pass your email on to the department that is the liaison with Barclays.  

You can also email Barclays employee Rachael Mortensen to state your case at rmortensen@barclaycardus.com

Barclay Rewards Customer Service Manager phone number   1-866-928-3106

The only response I have gotten from Barclays has been a message on my account page.  They said they really want to give great service and they reviewed my account and see that I have 3 transactions with Princess Passage that I can redeem against.  Of course those are all small transactions that only get a 1% redemption rate.  I replied back and told them to review my statements for January through the current one for July and they will see 6 transactions with Princess Passage that qualify for the 2% redemption rate.

update  on  statement  credit: 

Made  several email  contacts  to  Princess and yesterday  checked account  again.

All  my Princess purchases since  January  including  two  purchases  over $4001 are  now  showing  up  in  "purchases  available  for  redemption"

Thanks  again  "nukesubsailor"  for  you  help.

Also  hope,  that  others  have  had  this mess   straighten out  and redemption purchases reinstated ….