Will I make my flight from Regal?

Familycruzer11

18 hours ago, Potstech said:

Also look into a program called EZ Check where you put your luggage out the night before and the next time you see it will be at your destination airport. That way you do not have to look for bags and can just go straight to customs. They will also check yu into your flight and get your boarding pass. Go to the airport and directly thru security.

EZ check works very well at the Fort Lauderdale airport. Just make sure that your airline is one that is listed as available for EZ check. Not having to schlep your bags and having your boarding passes printed out is well worth the slight charge.

17 hours ago, ggprincess2004 said:

The Ft. Lauderdale airport does not allow one to check bags until 3 hours before their flight, so if you don't use EZ check, and/or take a nice little disembarkation excursion you could be twiddling your thumbs in the less than relaxing airport entrance for almost an hour until you can get the bags checked. 

GOES at the pier - haven't seen it being really used at disembarkation in Ft. Lauderdale, which is rather annoying. I agree it is a great time saver, but they seem to be very haphazard about that at the cruise terminal. 

Airports do not determine baggage check-in policies - airlines do (I'm retired from an airline). Just because one airline wouldn't accept baggage more than three hours before a flight at FLL does not mean all airlines do. It's more a function of how much space the airlines has and how many flights.

GOES is not and never has been the name of a trusted traveler program. GOES (since replaced) was the system for applying for a trusted traveler program (Global Entry, Nexus, etc.). You input your application through GOES but what you were applying for was Global Entry or one of the other programs. At an airport, you want to look for Global Entry signs, not GOES. 

• Like 1