Prima Sea Balcony Apt Deck 10 Star

Irishman69

hi 

I booked a sail away balcony on the Star leaving Venice 25th August 2019. I have now received my cabin allocation and its stateroom 10722 Aft 10. Checking the balcony of the ship it says its a Priva Sea.

Has anyone stayed in a priva sea balcony. What are the advantages and disadvantages

Thanks for reading the post

17 minutes ago, Irishman69 said:

hi 

I booked a sail away balcony on the Star leaving Venice 25th August 2019. I have now received my cabin allocation and its stateroom 10722 Aft 10. Checking the balcony of the ship it says its a Priva Sea.

Has anyone stayed in a priva sea balcony. What are the advantages and disadvantages

I’ve never stayed in one, but I hear they are excellent for no wind.  They are a little enclosed, but I’ve heard positive reviews from many who were in them

24 minutes ago, Irishman69 said:

hi 

I loved mine ....no wind and I used it every night with a glass of wine when I knew if I had a regular balcony I would not have been out there ...

The big difference is rather than having the balcony extend from the ship’s superstructure the PrivaSea staterooms balconies are enclosed within the hull. 

While not your exact cabin, this video should give you a good idea. 

The bride on the Dawn after seeing a hull balcony, now PrivaSea, fell into bed and cried the rest of her cruise.

They actually aren't too bad IMO, just more enclosed.  If you seek sun though, it will be somewhat restricted.