Liberty deck 10 question

Looking at the deck plans, there is a large open space in the aft of the ship, surrounded by staterooms. Does anyone know what this is? Or what it's used for? It's underneath the windjammer so maybe for food prep and service elevator?

thank you for any help. 

5 minutes ago, rhuntington3 said:

The bridge is forward, not aft.

Oh, I see what the OP is talking about now - the "cross shaped" open spot at the aft.  My bad.  Been on the liberty many times, usually on Deck 10, yet I have no idea what that is.  I'll find out in August on my next cruse --  now my curiosity is piqued as well!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rede2go6464 said:

Looking at the deck plans, there is a large open space in the aft of the ship, surrounded by staterooms. Does anyone know what this is? Or what it's used for? It's underneath the windjammer so maybe for food prep and service elevator?

thank you for any help. 

Not sure but you may be right. No doubt it's an area reserved for crew use.

I've learned over the years to never book a cabin next to open white spaces.....unless you like be awaken all hours of the night or early morning by thunking, clunking and slamming of doors .

18 hours ago, rede2go6464 said:

thank you for any help. 

If you are talking the space between cabins 1377 and 1391 and also 1677 and 1691 that is where the crew staircase and elevators are.  Where they bring the luggage up, and also for room service deliveries, and any other crew access as needed.

Thank you all for your help in guiding my decision.  The staterooms right there would probably be fine, but I decided to play it safe and just pick a different cabin that wasn't next to that area. My gut instinct was telling me that it would be noisy, but even if it isn't, I know I'd agonize over the decision for the next 8 months. 

Thank you again for your help!

21 hours ago, betty barnacle said:

'll find out in August on my next cruse --  now my curiosity is piqued as well!

Betty...enjoy your cruise!!!!!