New Fees For Quantum of the Seas

8 hours ago, nekzaadvakil said:

We paid just a little over $700 plus taxes, plus gratuities (per adult) for a Balcony cabin on Deck 9. This was one of the least expensive cruises I've been on. The cost of a suite started at $2000 (per adult). I tracked it for over a month, before they were all sold out. 

That is a pretty big price difference to justify. I'm assuming that $2,000 was for the "entry-level" suites, and not the Star class that would include complimentary beverage package & specialty restaurants.  Assuming those benefits are even available on Asia cruises. Royals website mention Singapore only.

I'm usually all over the ship. I will go into the Solarium 2-3 times on a 7 night cruise, but then only for 1-2 hours before I head off someplace else.

We are on the repo cruise from China to Singapore in October,from booking what we thought was 'just a normal cruise' it has been like getting blood out of a stone trying to find out from RCI what these cruises are really like,two great series of reviews from people who have been on them has been superb but we still don't know how much our repo cruise will differ to their experiences,one report I have read has claimed that there will be a mass exodus of Chinese passengers at Hong Kong,could be a very empty ship for the rest of the cruise if that is so!

I have just researched a seven night Best Of Japan cruise on the website. There is no immediate warning that iFly, North Star, Flowrider and the Solarium 'adults only' pool area are chargeable extras.

However if you scutinise the 'Whats included' page, right at the very bottom there are the words: *From 30th December 2015 fees apply to Quantum of the Seas.

And if you further scrutinise the onboard activities section you may just spot the tiniest of asterisks on the iFly and North Star pictures. No mention at all that the Solarium and Flowrider are chargeable extras!

Anyone that is familiar with the RCI product, but has never sailed in Asia before, would not know that 'normally complimentary' activities will be chargeable.