VIFP days paid but not sailed?

Good Buck

Ok, I think all perspectives have been heard loud and clear. People are not going to change their minds, and they don't have to. Can we move on?

If people on these boards took their passion onboard, there would be a lot of brawls at the CC Meet and Greet. 

It's no different than asking for a free upgrade for something or something additional.  Did you earn it?  Why are you so special that you want to ask for an upgrade when most people won't get an upgrade?  Geez.  It never hurts to ask nicely for something.  I'm sure all of the rule followers have never once asked for anything special.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pinto18 said:

Yes, the reason it was right before getting to Platinum that I inquired was because in looking, I realized I had not gotten points for a 1984 cruise. I really hadn't bothered checking how many days I had before that. And it is may be your opinion that I wasnt entitled to the other points, apparently it was the opinion of a long time carnival employee that I was. Also, you are making a lot of assumptions about my reasons for asking, my motivation and my timing none of which I need to explain. 

You were right to ask for the points from your 1984 cruise, I'm not arguing that. Carnival clearly states that past passengers can request points for cruises that were taken prior to the introduction of the VIFP loyalty program and they offer a means to prove it. But that's completely different than what we're talking about. One policy states, you can request to get these points with proof. The other policy states, you don't get these points unless you actually cruise...but people want them anyway. Yes, it was Carnival prerogative to add the points for your canceled cruise, I'm not denying that. I don't think they should do it, but it is their right. Your reason for asking them doesn't matter to me, because as I've said, I think it's wrong for anyone to believe they're deserving of points they didn't earn by meeting the only criteria, which is to actually be at sea.

I think it's fair to say that I've said my piece, more than once, so instead of repeating myself any more, I'll kindly step away and let the discussion go where it may.

Edited by Organized Chaos