FYI - Canadians on Celebrity!!

Packard

10 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

@RickTdo you buy an annual out-of-country medical insurance package directly from TD Canada Trust? 

Yes, the product is called TD Meloche Monnex Wide Horizons Solution.  I insure my home and car with TD as well.  I think you can purchase the travel insurance without having other policies but I can say for sure.  It's good for a year and costs about $125 (I think) and covers me for all my travel outside of Canada (even day trips to Upstate New York).

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RickT said:

Yes, the product is called TD Meloche Monnex Wide Horizons Solution.  I insure my home and car with TD as well.  I think you can purchase the travel insurance without having other policies but I can say for sure.  It's good for a year and costs about $125 (I think) and covers me for all my travel outside of Canada (even day trips to Upstate New York).

I am trying to get a quote as I am doing a Caribbean in January and a B2B with at Transatlantic Oct 2020 and can't seem to get prices anywhere near $125 . We are both 50 and I get a quote for $267 for medical and there doesn't seem to be an area that includes Medical AND trip cancellation/interruption.  I was quoted an additional $230 for cancellation/ trip interruption. We have great medical coverage but would love a multi trip plan with  cancellation/interruption or both if it wasn't too much more.   Can you point me in the right direction.  Thanks

19 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

There are several.  You can check them out. Examples are Royal Bank Preferred Visa, BMO mastercard world elite. I think TD has one also.

But someone here posted a card that insures for $3500 pp.

I'd like to know which one that is. Sounds better than the others.

Check out the National Bank World Elite Mastercard. It has very good travel insurance coverage (medical, cancellation/interruption, baggage loss/damage, flight delays, etc.). It also provides up to $250 annual rebate covering airport parking ($100), Baggage ($100) and seat selection ($50). These alone can cover the annual fee. In addition you collect points which can be used against travel related purchases.

I use CAA to purchase both my travel medical insurance as well as trip cancellation and interruption.   They sell policies for individual trips of varying numbers of days or for annual multi-trip coverage.

if you are a CAA member you will receive a discount.

I have had nothing but great service and comprehensive coverage for many years with them.

21 hours ago, tjc73 said:

You will not be covered by insurance purchased through any American operated cruise line. Sad that your Canadian travel agent didn’t know this!!

I don't know if you are talking about health insurance or cancellation.  As I said before we buy our health insurance from BCAA annually.  We buy cancellation from Celebrity.  The cost of the insurance is proportional to the price of the cruise.  We had to cancel a 30 day cruise when we were in the 75% penalty bracket.  Celebrity wrote a cheque for the 25% and the insurance company paid the rest down to the last penny.

12 hours ago, doodlefan said:

I am trying to get a quote as I am doing a Caribbean in January and a B2B with at Transatlantic Oct 2020 and can't seem to get prices anywhere near $125 . We are both 50 and I get a quote for $267 for medical and there doesn't seem to be an area that includes Medical AND trip cancellation/interruption.  I was quoted an additional $230 for cancellation/ trip interruption. We have great medical coverage but would love a multi trip plan with  cancellation/interruption or both if it wasn't too much more.   Can you point me in the right direction.  Thanks

Give them a call.  Not sure if my premium is discounted due to my home/auto insurance but you won’t know until you call.  They are also big on Affinity relationships so check and see if you qualify (University/Trade/Membership).

2 minutes ago, RickT said:

Give them a call.  Not sure if my premium is discounted due to my home/auto insurance but you won’t know until you call.  They are also big on Affinity relationships so check and see if you qualify (University/Trade/Membership).

Okay, Thanks.  I wasn't sure if it was a special "membership" price but hubby belongs to a union and has a trade as well.  I'll give them a call.