parking at Port of Miami

poss

We live on the west coast of FL, so will probably drive to the Miami Port (as opposed to hiring a car service, which we sometimes do to the Miami airport).   I know that the parking closest to the port is more expensive than the farther-away lots.   What I'm wondering is whether there is always availability at those lots.   Also, whether some sort of shuttle takes people from the parking lot to one's ship.    We're elderly and have trouble lugging baggage, so we may end up doing a car service between the two coasts, but I'd like to know more about parking in case we might be able to do that option.   It would certainly be less expensive.

Thank you.

Terminal A is easiest at this time because you basically park in the terminal building! 

The other terminals require a short walk across the road but it depends where your ship docks. They do have shuttle service bus in case your ship docks away from its parking garage.

You could drop your luggage first with the porters then park.

Here are a couple of videos to show the situation:

Thank you ever so much for the helpful responses.   Greatly appreciated.   Next step is to learn whether it's fairly easy to find my way to the port.    I shall google the route; I imagine it's pretty clear-cut, even for someone who tends to, um, get lost.

Thanks again.

Your other option is two one way car rentals. Drop the car at MIA and ride the shuttle (National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise) or Uber to the port. Do the reverse post cruise. Leave your car at home and avoid the parking fees.

8 hours ago, poss said:

Thank you ever so much for the helpful responses.   Greatly appreciated.   Next step is to learn whether it's fairly easy to find my way to the port.    I shall google the route; I imagine it's pretty clear-cut, even for someone who tends to, um, get lost.

Thanks again.

You'll never have to get off the highway. Assuming you are taking I-75 it would be I-75 to 836 to 826 and 826 as a straight intersection to 395 to the port tunnel. Its very easy as in you don't need to take the streets, just highway. 

I believe some one has some numbers confused here

I-75 into the area then 826 south towards downtown Miami

then 836 east past the airport and crossing I-95, watch for the signs for the tunnel to the port . . . 836 becomes 395 when you cross I-95 heading east

image.thumb.png.1e6cc06ad5a7be31bb470f1541fc9753.png

image.thumb.png.76285e186900bacc67c5284a376af2cd.png

big signs directing you to the tunnel from the LEFT lane

p.s. if I'm not mistaken, 836 is a toll road with no cash booths .... electronic payment only .. or was last time I was in Miami

Edited by Capt_BJ

21 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

I believe some one has some numbers confused here

I-75 into the area then 826 south towards downtown Miami

then 836 east past the airport and crossing I-95, watch for the signs for the tunnel to the port . . . 836 becomes 395 when you cross I-95 heading east

image.thumb.png.1e6cc06ad5a7be31bb470f1541fc9753.png

image.thumb.png.76285e186900bacc67c5284a376af2cd.png

big signs directing you to the tunnel from the LEFT lane

p.s. if I'm not mistaken, 836 is a toll road with no cash booths .... electronic payment only .. or was last time I was in Miami

This is correct. I drive on both every day and still get the numbers messed up. 

75-SR826-SR836-395. 

As stated 836 becomes I-395 if you just drive straight and you would see signs for the tunnel to the port. 

Thanks so very, very much.   But what about the no-cash at toll booths?    Does "electronic payment" include credit cards, or does it mean one needs some sort of pass?

3 hours ago, poss said:

Thanks so very, very much.   But what about the no-cash at toll booths?    Does "electronic payment" include credit cards, or does it mean one needs some sort of pass?

I assume you don't have sunpass? 

If you don't have sunpass then they will just send you a toll bill at the end of the month via your license plate. 

Don't have sunpass, since we cross over only once or twice a year.   I wonder if there's another way to get to the port, so that we don't have to get involved with a bill.   Surely not everyone driving to Port of Miami has a sunpass?

23 minutes ago, poss said:

Don't have sunpass, since we cross over only once or twice a year.   I wonder if there's another way to get to the port, so that we don't have to get involved with a bill.   Surely not everyone driving to Port of Miami has a sunpass?

I've never paid a toll going to Portmiami - coming from all directions.

Not sure where you are driving from. You can use google maps and select "avoid tolls" in the OPTIONS. Set Bayside Marketplace as your destination (just an example) then decide from there to use the tunnel or Port Bvld

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 10:03 AM, poss said:

Thank you.   Coming from Naples.

We also drove from Naples to the Miami port without a Sun Pass and got a bill in the mail for not paying a toll  (no cash booths)....but it was worth it....easy drive, easy in and out of port parking