Several Oasis of the Seas questions

We are on the August 8 sailing out of Civitaveccia.  I have searched CC and google for answers to the following questions and have come up blank.  We are usually Princess cruisers but are trying RCI for the first time.  Thank you in advance for your responses!

-On this particular route, do most passengers board in Barcelona?

-Since we have no priority, what time should we arrive at the port?

-Other than the buffett, is there a dining room open for lunch on the Civitaveccia embarkation day?

-Will we be treated as “in transit” passengers on the Barcelona day, meaning do we use a different exit/entrance area than those embarking?

Thank you again.

Most passengers will embark in Barcelona.

Usually no wait to embark in Civitaveccia

There will be numerous lunchtime dining options if you are on an Oasis class ship and Park Cafe would definitely be worth a visit.

Embarkation normally starts between 10.30 and 11.00 so I’d suggest you arrive as near to that as possible.

You will use the same exit/entrance as those who embarked in Barcelona.

Your stateroom will usually be open before the normal 13.00 time.

4 hours ago, californiagirl said:

-Other than the buffett, is there a dining room open for lunch on the Civitaveccia embarkation day?

The main dining room is not normally open for lunch on boarding day.  If you want a sit down / menu experience, then one of the extra cost specialty restaurants may be available.

Other "free" options: Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Park Cafe, Solarium Cafe, Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, and Vitality Cafe.

13 hours ago, californiagirl said:

We are on the August 8 sailing out of Civitaveccia.  I have searched CC and google for answers to the following questions and have come up blank.  We are usually Princess cruisers but are trying RCI for the first time.  Thank you in advance for your responses!

-On this particular route, do most passengers board in Barcelona?

-Since we have no priority, what time should we arrive at the port?

-Will we be treated as “in transit” passengers on the Barcelona day, meaning do we use a different exit/entrance area than those embarking?

Thank you again.

We are on the same cruise and I was told boarding is from 2:30-6 with rooms available @ 3:00 However, I have been reading some accounts on Facebook groups that people arrived early and were allowed on board. I have called RCI several times to confirm and they have verified each starts @ 2:30. we will be going early to see if we can get on early.

Edited by cruise_co
used my pen on my note and it didn't put spaces in. Edited to add spaces.

Just now, cruise_co said:

We are on the same cruise and I was told boarding is from 2:30-6 with rooms However, I have been reading some accounts on Facebook groups that people arrived early and were allowed on board. I havecalled RCI several times to confirmand they have verified each starts @ 2:30. we will be going early to see if we can get on early.

Boarding typically starts around 11am, or even earlier now.

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Boarding typically starts around 11am, or even earlier now.

In Rome, they are stating it starts at 2:30. Friends just got off the same cruisea couple of weeks ago and they were allowed on at 1:30 

I called numerous times

since it did not

sound correct and every time I am told, yes, boarding starts at2:30 in Rome.

We are going to we get there around 11 to see if we can get on early

Edited by cruise_co
hit send to quickly.

3 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

In Rome, they are stating it starts at 2:30. Friends just got off the same cruisea couple of weeks ago and they were allowed on at 1:30 

Sorry, missed the Rome part.  Appreciate the update.

Thank you so much for your responses!  I think we will sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast, take a walk and leave Rome around noon.  

Regarding getting off and on the ship in Barcelona, I’m assuming we don’t have to wait in the initial embarkation line?

37 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

Thank you so much for your responses!  I think we will sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast, take a walk and leave Rome around noon.  

Regarding getting off and on the ship in Barcelona, I’m assuming we don’t have to wait in the initial embarkation line?

Correct, you will have a SeaPass card and can walk right on the ship once you pass through security.

We were just on this cruise in June. Embarkation at Civitavecchia was a breeze. We had a listed embarkation time of 1:30, but based on other comments I read, we arrived at 10:15 AM. The line opened at 10:30 AM, and we were on the ship in less than 15 minutes. We had lunch at the Windjammer so I can't answer your question on other options. The ship was relatively quiet.

At Barcelona, look for the Returning Guests sign, and you can bypass all the others to get right on the ship.

One other thing to note, the Royal App did not work for us boarding in Civitavecchia. We could not reserve any activities or make dinner reservations.

Thank you so much TSGarp.  On Princess there is a different process for in-transit/returning guests, it seemed logical there would be one on RCi.  We are going to go to church in the morning, come back and eat, then go back out to see Barcelona.  

We are getting very excited!  We leave a week from Friday and will spend 5 nights in Rome pre-cruise.  We were so fortunate to get Scavi tickets.  I’ve just bought the book “The Fisherman’s Tomb” to prepare for that tour.