Hotel in San Juan

purplecow15

14 hours ago, purplecow15 said:

Thinking of making reservation at Hotel Milano in San Juan for night before cruise. Any feedback on this hotel would be appreciated. TIA

They have a great restaurant on the rooftop very good food and happy hour drinks (Coconut Mojito) ... However personally it's not a hotel I would choose. Lot's of better options in San Juan depending on your budget .... We usually stay at the Old Town Sheraton...great location to easily walk around old town.

I agree with Ashland.  Many other choices for hotels in this area and price range.  I believe the best thing the Milano has going for it is the roof-top restaurant.  Punto De Vista is our go to restaurant in OSJ.  We have stayed at Fortaleza Suites a few feet away and Casas Blanca across the street  Both are small boutique hotels with great personalized service.    Both are rated higher than Hotel Milano.  This is an excellent location for touring OSJ.

We have a reservation for Saturday, July 27 at Hotel Milano prior to our cruise this coming Sunday. I've read all the reviews prior to our booking sometime ago and we believe it meets our requirements for one night. The location is right where we want to be, "in the heart of OSJ". As always, we'll write a review after we've experienced the hotel for ourselves.

3 hours ago, Racer70 said:

We have a reservation for Saturday, July 27 at Hotel Milano prior to our cruise this coming Sunday. I've read all the reviews prior to our booking sometime ago and we believe it meets our requirements for one night. The location is right where we want to be, "in the heart of OSJ". As always, we'll write a review after we've experienced the hotel for ourselves.

Will be very interested to hear about your experience. Love the roof top restaurant...but just walking through the Hotel Milano lobby convinced me it wasn't my kinda place....a bit creepy as was the guy at the front desk.

Best of luck...hoping it works well for you for one night.

We stayed there a few months ago. There was a guy at the front desk that was real rude. He wouldn't allow us to use the bathroom in the lobby (for the second time after we went out walking around waiting on our rooms to be ready after our cruise). But the rest of the staff the following day was not like that.

Since there is a restaurant on the rooftop, the hotel is pretty much on "lockdown" and you have to have keys to enter the different floors. You can enter the floor "lobby" but not the rooms without a key...which is fine I guess and for safety reasons.

As for the rooms...we got a room with a window and it was redone and served our purpose of a very cheap stay overnight. My adult daughter decided to go even cheaper and her room felt like "a prison" she said. No window and even no carpet. So, I guess it depends on the room you book. ;)