Back from Mariner of the Seas, tips and review

4 hours ago, mkrr1123 said:

Thank you for this review.  We are embarking on our first cruise on this ship next Friday.  We are very excited and nervous since it is our first cruise and the planning has been very different than any other trip I have taken.   I mean I can plan a Disney trip with my eyes closed but this has been a challenge for me.  We do plan to get off the ship briefly in Nassau so that the kids can say they were in the Bahamas.  Is there a bar that anyone recommends since 3 of the four will be legal there and I know that would like to get a drink?  We would just be walking somewhere no taxis. 

Thank you

Kathe

Pirate Republic brewing is maybe two blocks away from the port, and it's local while also being friendly and clean. It's less crowded than Senor Frogs which is a chain anyway and omnipresent in almost all cruise ports. The beers were good, I think a flight of 3 was around $10. Prices are reasonable for a tourist zone, and the merchandise is cool. If you like beers at all, highly highly recommend you do that over anything else.

3 minutes ago, Paelos said:

. If you like beers at all, highly highly recommend you do that over anything else.

Pirate Republic does also have liquor if you're not a beer fan..just a limited selection.  I also liked the logo and bought a travel mug.  If I'm getting off the ship in Nassau ever it's probably just to pop into Pirate's Republic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goodboy said:

Paelos:

Can you advise when formal night was held?  It seems strange to have it while in Nassau and not sailing until 9:30P.

Thanks for a great MARINER OTS report!

Sue

Yeah, short answer on formal night is there isn't one. The do something called "Wear your best" when you're in Nassau on the second night, and it's honestly not really formal at all. I wore slacks and a Hawaiian shirt every night and was honestly overdressed compared to many other diners in MyTime Dining. I can't speak to the regular timing diners however. The rest of the time in the dining room it's "Laid Back Lounge" which basically means anything goes. On a short cruise like this I would define it as the most casual dining experience I've seen on a ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 9:49 AM, Paelos said:

Not yet because they haven't posted it but I'll link it when it gets posted.

Thanks for what you have posted.  5 weeks for us,. Glad to hear about the Escape room.

• Like 1