Time of free flight home, layovers

Jasonmom

Yea, I know I should just relax.  I will find out about our flights soon.

1.     What is the earliest flight home anyone has been assigned through free air perk?  We will be off Breakaway in Miami.

2.     What is the longest / shortest layover anyone has gotten?  We are especially worried about short layovers as it looks like it will be Atlanta.  We almost missed a                      connection in Atlanta once.  It's huge.

TIA 😁

I would be surprised if they put you on anything before 11, which is more than enough time in Miami. A legal connection in Atlanta is about 40 minutes which is plenty of time to make a connection. ATL is really easy to get a round in, much easier than MIA.

3 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Yea, I know I should just relax.  I will find out about our flights soon.

1.     What is the earliest flight home anyone has been assigned through free air perk?  We will be off Breakaway in Miami.

2.     What is the longest / shortest layover anyone has gotten?  We are especially worried about short layovers as it looks like it will be Atlanta.  We almost missed a                      connection in Atlanta once.  It's huge.

TIA 😁

I am also cruising on Breakaway. Recently got my flight confirmation from NCL. We leave Miami at noon with a 35 minute layover at LGA in New York.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

I would be surprised if they put you on anything before 11, which is more than enough time in Miami. A legal connection in Atlanta is about 40 minutes which is plenty of time to make a connection. ATL is really easy to get a round in, much easier than MIA.

I don't know about 40 minutes being plenty of time in ATL.  My mom is 77 and I have to use a cane most of the time.  ATL is BIG.  We went through there once with another group of people we had met on a cruise.  This was probably 10years ago and we were more mobile.  The group of people we had met missed the conection.  One of the places that you catch planes we had to get on a bus to get to.  We only made the plane at the very last minute and could see them as the plane pulled out.  It was sad.  This was an hour layover.

19 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

I don't know about 40 minutes being plenty of time in ATL.  My mom is 77 and I have to use a cane most of the time.  ATL is BIG.  We went through there once with another group of people we had met on a cruise.  This was probably 10years ago and we were more mobile.  The group of people we had met missed the conection.  One of the places that you catch planes we had to get on a bus to get to.  We only made the plane at the very last minute and could see them as the plane pulled out.  It was sad.  This was an hour layover.

I have to make a connection in Atlanta virtually every time I fly. In my experience, 40 minutes is plenty of time to make a connection in ATL..........IF your flight is on time.........IF you don't have to wait for your "carry on" to be unloaded from the baggage compartment to the gangway........IF you have no mobility issues.......etc.  Be sure to request a shuttle cart or wheelchair for your mom, and you'll probably get to the gate ahead of most. (Of course I must disclose that as familiar as I am with ATL I NEVER book less than an hour layover.....NCL, however, has different rules.)

23 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

If you have mobility issues do not hesitate to use one of the carts.  I connect in ATL all the time, and 40 minutes is more than enough time to go  from any gate to any other gate. BTW there are no gates in ATL where you have to take a bus. You often take the tram between terminals, but that is not a bus, and it runs underground.

My flight to Mia from Louisville has stop in Atl 1 hour lay over. I'm coming in a day earlier.

Flight home lol  was at 1000pm non stop not getting home till after midnight.

I called spent 1 hour and 45 min on hold but they switched it. They said that was unacceptable now it 307pm home at 520pm.

So there ya go..

36 minutes ago, Butterz said:

My flight to Mia from Louisville has stop in Atl 1 hour lay over. I'm coming in a day earlier.

Flight home lol  was at 1000pm non stop not getting home till after midnight.

I called spent 1 hour and 45 min on hold but they switched it. They said that was unacceptable now it 307pm home at 520pm.

So there ya go..

Hi, did you call the airline or NCL? Which one changed it for you? Thanks.

Good luck with NCL managing your flight. They gave me a different flight from my son and DIL, even though our reservation is linked, and we have connecting rooms. I wear hearing aids and have mobility problems, and need their help. No way can I do the airport by myself! According to NCL's "terms and conditions", teens can occupy a cabin by themselves, as long as it's a connecting cabin to their parents. Does that mean that children are separated from their parents on flights? I called NCL's air dept and it has yet to be resolved. I'll probably end up cancelling the cruise.

2 hours ago, JaysMom2 said:

Good luck with NCL managing your flight. They gave me a different flight from my son and DIL, even though our reservation is linked, and we have connecting rooms. I wear hearing aids and have mobility problems, and need their help. No way can I do the airport by myself! According to NCL's "terms and conditions", teens can occupy a cabin by themselves, as long as it's a connecting cabin to their parents. Does that mean that children are separated from their parents on flights? I called NCL's air dept and it has yet to be resolved. I'll probably end up cancelling the cruise.

Maybe just cancel the flight and make your own arrangements -- ? I can't imagine that they would split up your group. That doesn't even make sense! I'd be upset too. Hope you are able to get it resolved.

22 hours ago, JaysMom2 said:

When I was  a TA, which has been about 6 years ago: retired now: the same thing happened to one of my clients. I won't go into detail, but it was a mess: kids as young as 6 being separated and put another flight was just the beginning. BTW it was not NCL  The cruise line did nothing to help, except tell me to work with the airline which I did.

Now for your concerns: we are cruising in Oct and had a similar situation even with the cross referenced reservation and we have mild mobility problems. All it took was a call to NCL by our TA and we were issued seats with our traveling companions and a better time as well. Yes, she had to spend a long time on the phone but we are all set including seat assignments; 

When I called, I was told that the air is a computer-generated booking, and not done by an actual person. OK, fine...but why it can't then be changed by an "actual person" is my issue. If NCL wants to offer free and reduced air to entice customers, then they need to expand their air department to make it work.

• Like 1