CPS parking on 2nt trip - 2 different cruise terminals

Lynnewob

We have booked CPS on a short 2 nighter on 15 Nov and know that you keep your car keys when booking with CPS on these short trips.  

However, we are leaving from Ocean terminal, but returning to Mayflower terminal, which is quite a distance apart if walking. 

I know on longer cruises, CPS keep your car keys and move the car for you, but on this short trip, this will not be the case.  

Has anyone else had the situation before?  If so, how was it handled by P&O/CPS. 

2 hours ago, Lynnewob said:

We have booked CPS on a short 2 nighter on 15 Nov and know that you keep your car keys when booking with CPS on these short trips.  

However, we are leaving from Ocean terminal, but returning to Mayflower terminal, which is quite a distance apart if walking. 

I know on longer cruises, CPS keep your car keys and move the car for you, but on this short trip, this will not be the case.  

Has anyone else had the situation before?  If so, how was it handled by P&O/CPS. 

hi they move the car to the next terminal they did the same when we went on a 2 night cruise we walked off the ship and the car was less than 5 mins away.it was cps

Edited by Bazrat

We had a similar thing. We were on a Celebrity cruise which left from City terminal and returned to the QEII terminal. We parked at City terminal with ABP, who always operate with self parking. On our return to the QEII terminal ABP had a shuttle coach which took us back to the City terminal car park.

i am sure that CPS will have something similar in operation but only they will know.

Brian 

24 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

hi they move the car to the next terminal they did the same when we went on a 2 night cruise we walked off the ship and the car was less than 5 mins away.it was cps

From what you say, they keep the keys then?

This goes against what was said when I booked for the 2nt in that you retain your own keys.  I am aware they keep your keys on longer trips and move your car to whichever terminal you return to with a short walk.  

Perhaps it will be different on this trip due to the terminal changes.  Let's wait and see.

1 minute ago, BrianI said:

We had a similar thing. We were on a Celebrity cruise which left from City terminal and returned to the QEII terminal. We parked at City terminal with ABP, who always operate with self parking. On our return to the QEII terminal ABP had a shuttle coach which took us back to the City terminal car park.

i am sure that CPS will have something similar in operation but only they will know.

Brian 

I thought this might be the case. I have used ABP before and returned to the same terminal, again on another short trip and retained keys, so this wasn't an issue.  It's the different terminals (and the distance between them) that are the problem this time.

We plan to self disembark early - I have a feeling there won't be any coaches when we disembark so may well have a long hike!

Brianl

Thank you.  I booked the parking a long time ago before the terminals were granted to the ships so my booking confirmation still has the "you will park the car yourself" showing on it.

I didn't think to do a dummy booking, as you have done, and now see they have changed it to valet parking which works as CPS usually does on longer cruises when they keep the keys.

Perfect - query now resolved.

Thanks everyone.

5 hours ago, Lynnewob said:

Brianl

Thank you.  I booked the parking a long time ago before the terminals were granted to the ships so my booking confirmation still has the "you will park the car yourself" showing on it.

I didn't think to do a dummy booking, as you have done, and now see they have changed it to valet parking which works as CPS usually does on longer cruises when they keep the keys.

Perfect - query now resolved.

Thanks everyone.

Cruise Critic working at its best.:classic_smile: