POA $$$ ??

B-52

General question, for those who have sailed POA, with few days in Honolulu pre-cruise perhaps,  excursions, exploring the islands, etc, etc.

How much cash did you bring?

Was it enough? Not enough?  Find yourself looking for a ATM?

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, B-52 said:

General question, for those who have sailed POA, with few days in Honolulu pre-cruise perhaps,  excursions, exploring the islands, etc, etc.

How much cash did you bring?

Was it enough? Not enough?  Find yourself looking for a ATM?

Thanks in advance

Watching this one......

We spent very little cash when we went earlier this month. I just don’t feel safe taking large amounts of cash on holiday anymore. Credit cards were accepted nearly everywhere, you get insurance with your purchases too - we just took a little cash for additional tips eg tours, ice creams etc. We’re from the UK and have organised credit cards that have no charge for foreign transactions, we can also withdraw local currency from cash points without cards as well. A great find, I wish we’d discovered them years ago. 

We made sure we had a lot of change and small notes for tips, vending machines, luggage carts etc 

Edited by AlohaCathy

13 hours ago, AlohaCathy said:

We spent very little cash when we went earlier this month. I just don’t feel safe taking large amounts of cash on holiday anymore. Credit cards were accepted nearly everywhere, you get insurance with your purchases too - we just took a little cash for additional tips eg tours, ice creams etc. We’re from the UK and have organised credit cards that have no charge for foreign transactions, we can also withdraw local currency from cash points without cards as well. A great find, I wish we’d discovered them years ago. 

We made sure we had a lot of change and small notes for tips, vending machines, luggage carts etc 

Thank You

WE would use a credit Card also, just needed to hear that it was not a problem, perhaps many local vendors oreferred cash or not.

3 hours ago, B-52 said:

Thank You

WE would use a credit Card also, just needed to hear that it was not a problem, perhaps many local vendors oreferred cash or not.

It’s the same as being America, malls with Macy’s in etc, Costco stores. You just need cash for incidentals. We never had a card refused this month, only used cash for tiny purchases like an ice cream. 

2 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

We travel to Hawaii frequently and carry very little cash. We primarily use credit/debit cards, just like in any other state. 😗 

We found it the same as being in the US or UK. I hardly ever have cash on me! 

1 hour ago, AlohaCathy said:

We found it the same as being in the US or UK. I hardly ever have cash on me! 

AlohaCathy, I don't think you meant your posts (#6 & #8) to sound like Hawaii is not a state in the USA, but they sort of do.  Hawaii is not a state in the 48 contiguous states but it is a U.S.A. state and has everything the other states have.  I just want to make sure that anyone reading this does not confuse that, as sometimes happens with international visitors.  So happy you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii.  Cherie  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cccole said:

AlohaCathy, I don't think you meant your posts (#6 & #8) to sound like Hawaii is not a state in the USA, but they sort of do.  Hawaii is not a state in the 48 contiguous states but it is a U.S.A. state and has everything the other states have.  I just want to make sure that anyone reading this does not confuse that, as sometimes happens with international visitors.  So happy you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii.  Cherie  

You’re absolutely right! I’m from the UK and meant it’s the same as being in the rest of the US!