Coconut Grove

seagunthera

Vickys House for awesome milkshakes. 

Lokal is a local burger spot. 

Glass and Vine is a great place for a weekend brunch. 

But I would make sure to head outside of the Grove, check out Brickell, Wynwood and Miami Beach. Highly suggest Yardbird right off Lincoln Road (make reservations). 

Of course Cuban food should be on the menu a long with some seafood. River Oyster Bar or Garcias are my favorite seafood spots. 

On 7/27/2019 at 2:31 PM, Flymia said:

Vickys House for awesome milkshakes. 

Lokal is a local burger spot. 

Glass and Vine is a great place for a weekend brunch. 

But I would make sure to head outside of the Grove, check out Brickell, Wynwood and Miami Beach. Highly suggest Yardbird right off Lincoln Road (make reservations). 

Of course Cuban food should be on the menu a long with some seafood. River Oyster Bar or Garcias are my favorite seafood spots. 

Thanks for the suggestions!  Brickell/Wynnwood/MB all already on the short list:)

On 7/27/2019 at 6:53 PM, goneclear said:

The Grove is a pretty small area. Don't venture to far south of the restaurant hub where hooters and cheese cake factory are. It gets sketchy very fast

Good to know. Many thanks.

I've rented a guest house in Coconut Grove for a few days pre-cruise (we are not far from the Vizcaya).

Viscaya is about 2 miles east of the Coconut Grove entertainment area .... (McFarland and Grand ... is sort of the center)

Brickell is about 2 miles the other direction ....

you're probably gonna want to UBER to one or the other .....

I still enjoy Monty's original location in the Grove / Dinner Key. It is actually in the marina, on the water . . . between Visc' and the entertainment area of the Grove .... http://www.montysrawbar.com ... I've been going here since the early 80's. (stationed in Miami 4 times, on and off between 82 and 2000)

image.thumb.png.b135e1157902860a1b4855f666393e14.png

Edited by Capt_BJ

I love Montys!  The Greens are actually good friends of ours.

Coconut Grove is probably my favorite neighborhood in South Florida.  Coco Walk can be fun.  

If you are in Miami on a Sunday, the drag brunch at R House in Wynwood is a lot of fun!

Second the recommendation for Garcias and River Oyster.  Also love Casablanca on the Miami River next door to Garcias.  We love to take the boat there to lunch.

ain't been to CocoWalk in a while I'm guessing .....

image.thumb.png.1cd64941c476e2c1529237515a429eb0.png

Aug 2018  To anyone who’s been around long enough, it’s an astonishing sight: Half of CocoWalk, the open-air mall that was once the toast of Miami, reduced to rubble to make way for the newest thing in pleasure-seeking Coconut Grove .... Offices.  😲

This is what you get at the web site:

COCOWALK
UNIQUE. ON EVERY LEVEL.
New website for a new retail experience coming soon.
Edited by Capt_BJ

On 7/27/2019 at 9:53 PM, goneclear said:

The Grove is a pretty small area. Don't venture to far south of the restaurant hub where hooters and cheese cake factory are. It gets sketchy very fast

Coconut Grove has changed a lot over the years.  Since you are discussing Hooters, when was the last time that you were in Coconut Grove?  It's been closed for maybe 7 years now!