Movies

juliet

Will be on our first Princess (Coral) cruise going through the Panama Canal in the Fall.  Haven't seen anything about the movies they show.  Is there one every evening?  Different ones?  Current ones?  I've read that they show them the following night on the TV's in the staterooms as well.  Do they provide a list of movies for the cruise or is it just in the cruise paper you receive every night?  Thanks in advance.

Not sure about other ships....we were on Royal Princess week of July 6.  I was VERY disappointed in the movies available on stateroom tv.  It's "on demand", but very limited.  Then when you selected a movie you wanted, it would say "sorry this is not available at this time".

check your patter daily as they will tell you what the movie is that's playing each evening or during the day. The movies that they have playing at night are movies that have typically finished up in the theater not long ago. It's a nice relaxing thing to do in the evening as there's popcorn and blankets. ships that have the new on demand TVs have the movies play the following day in the state rooms. On the older ships that don't have the on demand they do play the movies throughout the cruise on the TV there is a guide through the day but little difficult to tell when they would actually be on.

4 minutes ago, juliet said:

Will be on our first Princess (Coral) cruise going through the Panama Canal in the Fall.  Haven't seen anything about the movies they show.  Is there one every evening?  Different ones?  Current ones?  I've read that they show them the following night on the TV's in the staterooms as well.  Do they provide a list of movies for the cruise or is it just in the cruise paper you receive every night?  Thanks in advance.

This was posted on another thread by Jeter02

MUTS.

Captain Marvel

Mary Poppins Returns

Aquaman

Bohemian Rhapsody

Fighting with my Family

The Mule

1 minute ago, KG2019 said:

Not sure about other ships....we were on Royal Princess week of July 6.  I was VERY disappointed in the movies available on stateroom tv.  It's "on demand", but very limited.  Then when you selected a movie you wanted, it would say "sorry this is not available at this time".

Hmm. I've never had that experience where I would watch a movie in the stateroom and it would say that. Must have been a glitch with the on demand.

Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) is outdoor by the Lido Pool. MUTS pretty much runs all day. During the day they show old concerts, classic movies and other things like NFL games, and other sporting events. In the evening they show recent movies, maybe 6 months old. The lineup changes all the time as newer movies become available. You have to check the Princess Patter. On boarding day there will most likely be a list of movies as well as other entertainment on page 2. Movies that are shown in the evening are shown the next day on cabin TV's. I'm not certain if the Coral has on demand or if the movies are at set times. Sometimes movies are also shown during the day in the Princess Theater or Universe Lounge.