San Juan Puerto Rico Pier

txtechmk

I have done a search for which pier in San Juan Celebrity ships go out from, and the post I found was a decade old.  Please advise if Celebrity still uses the Pan American pier.  It will make a difference in which pre-cruise hotel we choose.  Thanks in advance.

Adding a third, you are correct.  

Also, I don't think it matters much on the pre hotel stay.  We have taken five Summit cruises out of San Juan with one more this winter.  We stay in the Ocean Park area every time.  Even when the power was out everywhere and traffic was a mess, it was only a 10 minute taxi ride at best to the port.  San Juan is pretty small.

Also, there is a handy liquor store right there in the cruise terminal at the Pan Am pier.

So you can drop off your carry-on luggage, then go back down later and buy whatever you want without needing to juggle bottles along with your luggage when you initially board.

• Like 1

Finally have something to add besides witty (o.k., sometimes snarky) comments. 

We've sailed on Celebrity when San Juan was just a stop as opposed to a embarcation port, and sailed in and out of the Old Town pier, which was so easy for exploring San Juan.  

Pan American is used for all Celebrity cruises starting in San Juan because they have the necessary facilities for x-ray screening, check-in booths, etc.

I will add that we usually stay in Old Town when sailing out of San Juan, and it's a quick cab ride to the Pan American pier.  We've looked at the Shrraton resort on th PA side, but weighed that against the convenience of being near the better restaurants, etc. before the cruise.