NCL excursion Virgin Gorda and the Baths

imlulu

DH and I are on the Encore. It’s the only ship in port that day 8-5 or6. I’m trying to figure out if you book the excursion through the ship if it picks you up right at the ship. The earliest excursion option is 8:15. If it does not pick you up at the ship, does this mean you are taking the 9:00 ferry from the speedy terminal in town? If that is the case, I will most likely just book on my own. 

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that if you book the excursion through NCL, everyone at that excursion is usually given a meeting point on the ship (say, the Theater at 8:00 AM if you're doing the 8:15 option) and the group leaves the ship together.

We're on the Encore in December and are planning on doing this excursion, I think with our $50 excursion credit doing it through NCL makes the most sense.

Edited by kayteecat

12 hours ago, Susandt said:

Thru ncl there are 2 different excursions that goes to the baths, anybody ever take both and can explain difference

We’ve taken neither, but from the descriptions I can see there are two options -

On the 4.5 hour “Virgin Gorda and the Baths” excursion you ferry 30 minutes to the Virgin Gorda marina near Spanishtown, taxi to the Top of the Baths, and walk down a natural foot path to the shore, repeating that for the return.

On the 3.5 hour “Virgin Gorda Baths & Snorkel” excursion you boat directly to a mooring field 50 - 100 yards from shore and swim in to walk through the boulders. You do not go on the island. Be aware the swim in can be extremely difficult for weaker swimmers depending on sea conditions (swells, rip tides, etc). Some operators have a dinghy for those not wanting o make the swim in and back...

You can also also go on your own, if in port 9 hours or more you can work with a taxi driver on VG to avoid the biggest crowds. You can find a lot more details on all 3 of these options in this forum if you use the Search function or just look at previous threads...:)

Edited by blue_water