Which port in San Juan

phillyguy31

43 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Google Map LINK:

NCL uses the Pan American pier center right on image -

Those other guys cruise lines use Muelle #4 center left -

advantage to those other guys being at OLD TOWN.

Map image can be zoomed and panned

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.4630021,-66.1074974,1842m/data=!3m1!1e3

The OP asked about a port call. Port calls are at Old San Juan, just like every other cruise line. Once in a while there could be an exception, but that is so unlikely that it isn't worth thinking about.

NCL cruises originating or ending in San Juan use the Pan American pier.

Edited by njhorseman

You maybe correct on that - - -

I sailed out of San Juan on Carnival a while back there were two ships at the Pan Am Pier

and we were at Muelle 4 and had another ship next to us.

Our departure was an origin and return destination same pier.

It could be a scheduling issue just as much as port issue.

The OLD TOWN pier would be the most desirable for visits all within walking distance -

the Pan Am pier requiring a taxi shuttle car to get there.

San Juan Port Schedule may be of some help:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylc=X1MDMjE0MjQ3ODk0OARfcgMyBGZyA3lteXktdC05OTkEZnIyA3NhLWdwBGdwcmlkAwRuX2dwcwMzBG9yaWdpbgNteS55YWhvby5jb20EcG9zAzEEcHFzdHIDBHF1ZXJ5A3NhbiBqdWFuIHBvcnQgc2NoZWR1bGUEc2FjAzEEc2FvAzE-?p=san juan port schedule&fr=ymyy-t-999&fr2=p%3Amy%2Cm%3Asa&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=sbc_dsl

3 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

You maybe correct on that - - -

I sailed out of San Juan on Carnival a while back there were two ships at the Pan Am Pier

and we were at Muelle 4 and had another ship next to us.

Our departure was an origin and return destination same pier.

It could be a scheduling issue just as much as port issue.

The OLD TOWN pier would be the most desirable for visits all within walking distance -

the Pan Am pier requiring a taxi shuttle car to get there.

San Juan Port Schedule may be of some help:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylc=X1MDMjE0MjQ3ODk0OARfcgMyBGZyA3lteXktdC05OTkEZnIyA3NhLWdwBGdwcmlkAwRuX2dwcwMzBG9yaWdpbgNteS55YWhvby5jb20EcG9zAzEEcHFzdHIDBHF1ZXJ5A3NhbiBqdWFuIHBvcnQgc2NoZWR1bGUEc2FjAzEEc2FvAzE-?p=san juan port schedule&fr=ymyy-t-999&fr2=p%3Amy%2Cm%3Asa&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=sbc_dsl

Carnival uses the Old San piers for its cruises originating or ending in San Juan, as well as its cruises making port calls, but they are the exception among the "big three" mass market cruise lines.

Royal Caribbean and NCL use Pan American for originating and ending cruises but their port calls are still done in Old San Juan. I have cruised out of San Juan when both Pan American docks were in use for cruises originating that day, one by an NCL ship and the other by a Royal Caribbean ship, and I have been in San Juan on port call days when both Royal Caribbean and NCL were making calls in Old San Juan

Once in a blue moon Pan American is used for port calls, but only as a last resort if space is not available at Old San Juan.

The search link you've posted isn't of much help. There is no official San Juan port schedule on the Internet that I've ever found, and the major sites that people commonly use to find ships in port, cruisett.com and cruisetimetables.com provide no information on docking location in San Juan.

Edited by njhorseman

8 hours ago, phillyguy31 said:

Where does NCL dock when it is a day stop? I think it is at the Old San Juan docks, but can’t find any confirmation.

Old San Juan for a port call.