Will Celebrity make technology (website, mobile app, etc) a priority?

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for agreeing to come on board Cruise Critic and provide us with some answers and insights. I appreciate you making time in your busy schedule to do so.

Let me start by saying I'm an avid and loyal Celebrity Cruiser. I always love the onboard experience. I've always felt customer service pre-cruise has been very good, and l think it has been improving even more recently. Bravo!

I am disappointed that Celebrity's attention to information technology (ie their website and mobile app) is lacking.   Can you explain why?

I feel that an onboard mobile app with functionality would be a huge boost to the already positive onboard experience.

Is improvement in this area an upcoming priority for you? 

Could you elaborate on future planned technology-based innovations that will enhance our overall cruise experience?

Thank you.

Edited by Shadow9612

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Shadow,

Technology is always a priority at Celebrity - for our guest experience, our environmental efforts and our sustainability initiatives. We had a tremendous response from guests about our new onboard app that we are rolling out to the fleet, not to mention the incredible response we received about Edge being the first ship to offer stateroom automation and facial recognition. 

Thank you for your feedback! 

llp...

• Thanks 1

I have to agree with Sha

On 7/28/2019 at 11:17 PM, Shadow9612 said:

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for agreeing to come on board Cruise Critic and provide us with some answers and insights. I appreciate you making time in your busy schedule to do so.

Let me start by saying I'm an avid and loyal Celebrity Cruiser. I always love the onboard experience. I've always felt customer service pre-cruise has been very good, and l think it has been improving even more recently. Bravo!

I am disappointed that Celebrity's attention to information technology (ie their website and mobile app) is lacking.   Can you explain why?

I feel that an onboard mobile app with functionality would be a huge boost to the already positive onboard experience.

Is improvement in this area an upcoming priority for you? 

Could you elaborate on future planned technology-based innovations that will enhance our overall cruise experience?

Thank you.

I have to agree. Through our own error, we had overlooked a payment due notification and our cruise was subsequently cancelled. That's our fault and we acknowledge that. However, we were in our Cruise Planner booking excursions, and in no way did the website alert us that there was a problem. It feels that the website is difficult to use and not user friendly. I hope Celebrity improves its investment on IT.

9 hours ago, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said:

Hello Shadow,

Technology is always a priority at Celebrity - for our guest experience, our environmental efforts and our sustainability initiatives. We had a tremendous response from guests about our new onboard app that we are rolling out to the fleet, not to mention the incredible response we received about Edge being the first ship to offer stateroom automation and facial recognition. 

Thank you for your feedback! 

llp...

@Lisa Lutoff-Perlo  first off, I'd like to sincerely thank you for answering my post. I am very much looking forward to seeing and using the updated app on my next Cruise. It is reassuring to hear that improved technology is one of your priorities.

On a different note, I'd really like to thank you for taking the time out of what must be an incredibly busy day to spend so much time on Cruise Critic answering so many questions.

• Thanks 1