returning cruisers gift?

TheHappyWanderer

Princess has a loyalty program called the Captain's Circle. There are three levels - Gold, Platinum, and Elite, all based on the number of cruises you have completed with Princess. The rewards start to kick in with Platinum, which you receive on your 6th cruise. You get free internet, and free upgrades on Princess insurance if you use it.

And the returning passengers get much more as they build up those cruises with Princess. After your 15th cruise you not only get what is listed above but free laundry and dry cleaning, free initial bar set up, priority tender passes and the list goes on.

I admit, it takes a while to build up to Elite status (15 plus cruises) but the perks are very nice.

I wish that they gave out presents like Disney. On every return cruise with Disney there is a present waiting for you in your cabin, a nice beach towel or tote bag. It's kind of a cool thing.

Sounds great for Disney. However, I would rather have free Internet, free laundry, mini-bar setup, 10% discount in the shops, etc., than a towel and tote bag. Don't need x number of towels and tote bags. Some of the cruise lines don't give you anything as a return passenger such as HAL and Celebrity. Happy Cruising.

We sailed on Hal 2 years ago and it was my wife's second time sailing with them, she got a nice delft tile and we all got Hal tote bags:D

Sounds great for Disney. However, I would rather have free Internet, free laundry, mini-bar setup, 10% discount in the shops, etc., than a towel and tote bag. Don't need x number of towels and tote bags. Some of the cruise lines don't give you anything as a return passenger such as HAL and Celebrity. Happy Cruising.

Celebrity Cruise Lines does recognize past cruisers with a small gift. A nice touch Celebrity does (first timers or repeat cruisers) that Princess doesn’t do is offer you a welcome aboard glass of Champagne on embarkation day. Our last Princess Cruise was 2003 on the Dawn Princess. Our next Princess Cruise is 29 April 2006 on the Sapphire Princess. Maybe Princess has changed a few things since our last cruise.

Celebrity Cruise Lines does recognize past cruisers with a small gift. A nice touch Celebrity does (first timers or repeat cruisers) that Princess doesn’t do is offer you a welcome aboard glass of Champagne on embarkation day. Our last Princess Cruise was 2003 on the Dawn Princess. Our next Princess Cruise is 29 April 2006 on the Sapphire Princess. Maybe Princess has changed a few things since our last cruise.

I guess I don't consider a glass of Champagne a gift from Celebrity. As for the small box of chocolates, well I rather have the other big time goodies that was mentioned above. Celebrity charges more for their drinks and does not really offer a repeater anything. Been on Mercury 11/05 and it was not very good!

We sailed on Hal 2 years ago and it was my wife's second time sailing with them, she got a nice delft tile and we all got Hal tote bags:D

Yes, we do have the tiles, however, what do you do with them? As for the tote bags we have them also. I still believe that the Princess bennies are much more than Hal's tile and tote bag. Oh, I forgot, we do have our bronze medal for cruising over 100 days on HAL. No one wears those medals. Happy Cruising!

Yes, we do have the tiles, however, what do you do with them? As for the tote bags we have them also. I still believe that the Princess bennies are much more than Hal's tile and tote bag. Oh, I forgot, we do have our bronze medal for cruising over 100 days on HAL. No one wears those medals. Happy Cruising!

We got the totes and drink coasters (tiles) on our first and only cruise with HAL. I did use the tote while on board and it was a nice touch. However, since attaining elite status with Princess, I have not strayed. Really enjoy the extra perks. Also get a pair of slippers with Princess logo on each sailing. Building up a nice collection. :D :D

Several years ago Princess gave champagne flutes engraved with the Princess logo along with a picture with the captain. I have a collection of the glasses and do use them, however the free internet is a perk I enjoy even more.

Archived