Buying drink package on board

This is not a post to share a drink package. My husband wants a drink package but i do not drink. I know I can call and get the refreshment package for me but I wont get the value from it. I want to get the evian water package . coffe, If he bought his drink package himself on board would they still force me to get one since we are in the same room? Or would just he be able to get one without noticing I dont have one. I don't drink pop or coffee either 

3 hours ago, julieschuler said:

This is not a post to share a drink package. My husband wants a drink package but i do not drink. I know I can call and get the refreshment package for me but I wont get the value from it. I want to get the evian water package . coffe, If he bought his drink package himself on board would they still force me to get one since we are in the same room? Or would just he be able to get one without noticing I dont have one. I don't drink pop or coffee either 

I called Royal about this issue.  We want to get the  drink package for my husband. I can't drink (alcohol) at all. They said I had to get the beverage package. It's fine for me.  I do drink the coffee drinks and lots of bottled water. You do get shakes and "mocktails" too many calories for me but I guess for those that like to indulge.. a nice perk. Maybe not my monies worth. But rules are rules. 

Our cruise is not until May 2020. I'm hoping for a sale (fingers crossed.)

16 minutes ago, bboop51 said:

I called Royal about this issue.  We want to get the  drink package for my husband. I can't drink (alcohol) at all. They said I had to get the beverage package. It's fine for me.  I do drink the coffee drinks and lots of bottled water. You do get shakes and "mocktails" too many calories for me but I guess for those that like to indulge.. a nice perk. Maybe not my monies worth. But rules are rules. 

Our cruise is not until May 2020. I'm hoping for a sale (fingers crossed.)

Yes, I was in the same situation as I wanted beverage package but my mother is fine with what the ship provides....they told me that she needed to at least get the refreshment package, which she would not have gotten her monies worth.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I was one of the lucky ones that snagged the beverage package for $18/day!  Bought for both of us, cheaper than the refreshment package- problem solved for this upcoming cruise!  ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

Yes, I was in the same situation as I wanted beverage package but my mother is fine with what the ship provides....they told me that she needed to at least get the refreshment package, which she would not have gotten her monies worth.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I was one of the lucky ones that snagged the beverage package for $18/day!  Bought for both of us, cheaper than the refreshment package- problem solved for this upcoming cruise!  😉

We booked after the $18 snafu.   I can't fret about it.  I would be unhappy if  I had to take the entire booze package when I honestly can't imbibe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, julieschuler said:

My sister had to buy drinks package for all adults in their cabin. But once onboard she went to guest services and explained that 1 person couldn't drink  because of their medication. They let them switch one to the soft drinks package and got the difference in onboard credit.So it could be eaiser for you to book onboard or at least change it.

Edited by Jasp 0401