Fort Lauderdale One Night Post Cruise Hotel - January 2020

kdkstormy

I have already booked our hotel for pre-cruise for a few days, however still looking for a hotel for one night post cruise.  I've been looking at Tryp by Wyndam or La Quinta Inn and Suites.  Has anyone stayed at these hotels or can you suggest a good hotel with a not too high nightly rate?

thanks

Edited by kdkstormy

Haha!  It happens.

I would instead take a look at the smaller mom and pop motels in Birch Road.  If it is nice, why not be on the beach?

If you don't care about that, take a look at the Marriott Fairfield right off Las Olas.  Short distance to the airport but within walking distance to world class dining, shopping, and activities.

See who is performing at Broward Center while you are here.

Date and budget and who is traveling will help the suggestions to be closer to your target. Jan is peak season, plus Super Bowl crowds arriving near the end of the month - book ASAP!

I'm looking for the night of January 20th for me and my husband.  Looking at no more than $200 for the night.  Seeing that they kick us off the ship in the am, will need the availability of secured luggage storage until check in is allowed.  

43 minutes ago, kdkstormy said:

I'm looking for the night of January 20th for me and my husband.  Looking at no more than $200 for the night.  Seeing that they kick us off the ship in the am, will need the availability of secured luggage storage until check in is allowed.  

Even if your room isn't ready whatever hotel you book will immediately store your luggage.

Your budget is fine. Also look at The Dalmar and The Riverside.  

Since it is post cruise, I would not recommend 17th Street.  It's a super busy, industrial street.

Hyatt Place using ValueTrips ... your date Jan 20, 2020 is not available to book yet. However the member rate booking directly with Hyatt is $229.00. Just an FYI to compare with other hotels you're considering.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2019 at 7:44 PM, Ashland said:

Hyatt Place using ValueTrips ... your date Jan 20, 2020 is not available to book yet. However the member rate booking directly with Hyatt is $229.00. Just an FYI to compare with other hotels you're considering.

My apologies for bumping in here.  We are looking at one night pre-cruise and on a budget too, looking for clean and close to the port.  There are 3 Hyatt Place hotels.  Can you tell me the address?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, red-dragon said:

My apologies for bumping in here.  We are looking at one night pre-cruise and on a budget too, looking for clean and close to the port.  There are 3 Hyatt Place hotels.  Can you tell me the address?

Thank you!

Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center

1851 SE 10th Ave

Fort Lauderdale

This is the one that sits just behind Embassy Suites and next to the Harbor Shopping Plaza (Publix Mkt.) and our go to hotel after staying a few times at ES in the past we now much prefer the Hyatt Place. Will be staying there again this October.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center

1851 SE 10th Ave

Fort Lauderdale

This is the one that sits just behind Embassy Suites and next to the Harbor Shopping Plaza (Publix Mkt.) and our go to hotel after staying a few times at ES in the past we now much prefer the Hyatt Place. Will be staying there again this October.

Oh thank you.  It sounds like a very nice hotel.  I I think we may stay near Port Canaveral this time though - still researching ...

Have a wonderful time in October!

1 hour ago, red-dragon said:

Oh thank you.  It sounds like a very nice hotel.  I I think we may stay near Port Canaveral this time though - still researching ...

Have a wonderful time in October!

You're very welcome...but...sorry, I just assumed you were asking about Fort Lauderdale sailing out of Port Everglades or Miami.

Looks like you're sailing out of Port Canaveral. We'll be sailing out of there too but not until next May and have opted to stay in Orlando ... late arrival flight and we're an extended family of 10 which includes 4 kids so Orlando it is for us and then will shuttle to PC the next morning.

Enjoy your next cruise too.

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

You're very welcome...but...sorry, I just assumed you were asking about Fort Lauderdale sailing out of Port Everglades or Miami.

Looks like you're sailing out of Port Canaveral. We'll be sailing out of there too but not until next May and have opted to stay in Orlando ... late arrival flight and we're an extended family of 10 which includes 4 kids so Orlando it is for us and then will shuttle to PC the next morning.

Enjoy your next cruise too.

No apologies needed.  What happened was I couldn't figure out why last time we were on Oasis, we flew into Fort Lauderdale and stayed in Plantation.  I Googled the distance from FL to Port Canaveral and it was 2 hours and 49 minutes!  I was wondering why I booked that last time, and I don't remember the drive to the port taking that long.  I'm a very good planner, so I found it strange!  I dug up my old RCL invoice and the sailing port was Fort Lauderdale!  That's why I'm so confused!  

For Harmony of the Seas, we are sailing out of Port Canaveral .... lol :classic_huh:

Our last cruise was so long ago that I have to start all over again for my research!  

What is your next cruise (I'm not sure if you mentioned one before your May 2020).  What hotel will you stay at in Orlando?

Thanks again!

Can someone explain how valuetrips actually works. The price stated on their site for my dates say 129/pn compared to their site at 246 p/n. I have never used them before so before I take that leap I'd like to know how it works.

Thanks in advance.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:09 PM, BlueHerons said:

Even if your room isn't ready whatever hotel you book will immediately store your luggage.

Your budget is fine. Also look at The Dalmar and The Riverside.  

Since it is post cruise, I would not recommend 17th Street.  It's a super busy, industrial street.

We loved the Riverside and are staying again next month

On 8/4/2019 at 5:06 AM, red-dragon said:

No apologies needed.  What happened was I couldn't figure out why last time we were on Oasis, we flew into Fort Lauderdale and stayed in Plantation.  I Googled the distance from FL to Port Canaveral and it was 2 hours and 49 minutes!  I was wondering why I booked that last time, and I don't remember the drive to the port taking that long.  I'm a very good planner, so I found it strange!  I dug up my old RCL invoice and the sailing port was Fort Lauderdale!  That's why I'm so confused!  

For Harmony of the Seas, we are sailing out of Port Canaveral .... lol :classic_huh:

Our last cruise was so long ago that I have to start all over again for my research!  

What is your next cruise (I'm not sure if you mentioned one before your May 2020).  What hotel will you stay at in Orlando?

Thanks again!

We're doing the Snowbird itinerary this October on Adventure...Quebec City - Fort Lauderdale.

For our Harmony May 2020 cruise I got a great member rate (I needed 3 rooms) at the Double Tree Hilton in Orlando.

Enjoy your Harmony cruise....we're looking forward to being on her again and our first time sailing out of Port Canaveral.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We're doing the Snowbird itinerary this October on Adventure...Quebec City - Fort Lauderdale.

For our Harmony May 2020 cruise I got a great member rate (I needed 3 rooms) at the Double Tree Hilton in Orlando.

Enjoy your Harmony cruise....we're looking forward to being on her again and our first time sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Wow, that sounds great!  There are several Double Tree Hilton hotels in Orlando.  May I ask which one you're referring to?

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, red-dragon said:

Wow, that sounds great!  There are several Double Tree Hilton hotels in Orlando.  May I ask which one you're referring to?

Thanks again.

I booked the one on Hazeltine Dr. Some great reviews and close to walkable restaurants and a shuttle to hotel from MCO.

4 hours ago, red-dragon said:

Thank you, prices are great.  It's about 45 minute drive to Port Canaveral though right?

I believe this is correct. We'll be using a private shuttle for our group.