How do the crew remember you?

On 8/1/2019 at 12:00 PM, AlanF65 said:

There is some kind of photos made available to room stewards, first time on a ship, walking down a hallway the room steward I have never met introduced himself to be with a hello mr x(my name).

I think there is some sort of recognition and notes kept to help "tickle" memories and improve service.

I don't have an issue with it, it makes for a more enjoyable voyage.

My first cruise was on Carnival and the first time to a dining room they knew me by name so they are using some sort of photo /rfid identification.

my mom used to work in a dental office, and each person's file had a picture and personal notes in it. And this was in the 90s, so far less technology, lol

Edited by ashleyhaugh

On 8/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, SRF said:

Unless they can tell you WHEN the cruise they remember you was. 😄

And yes, we have had that happen.

Same here -- had a crew member approach me on Harmony at the muster drill, he remembered me from the nightclub on Freedom a fourteen months previous!  

I think it's highly unlikely that he had any computer knowledge of me -- I only ever got the soda package, so my drinks weren't even scanned once I flashed my card, and we were also not in the normal setting where he always saw me.

On 8/1/2019 at 3:45 PM, davekathy said:

The same way we remember certain staff members. Excellent first impression,  friendly, good sense of humor. 

I think this is exactly the reason (or the exact opposite, for those who are Negative Nellies and the crew knows it!).  

Even though I get the soda package, I generally tip a dollar for a drink.  I also smile and say hello to staff members and passengers alike, and engage in basic good manners in general... which, sad to say, is becoming less and less common as time goes by, so it probably really stands out to the crew. 

I can see the room stewards getting a heads up with pic and names and last sailing.

But for WJ workers????   

We were in the WJ last April and one of the crew came around selling the 3 night dining package.  He remembered we were on a cruise last summer.  Maybe guessing, but no way he used electronic help, unless he remembered the info on over 2000 people (Grandeur, so smaller number).