upgrading redreshment package on board to drink package

55 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They will refund the cost paid for your refreshment package to the card used for original purchase, and charge you prevailing rate for the deluxe.  Keep in mind you MAY be forced to upgrade BOTH of your packages. 

The OP wants to upgrade on board, and there are no direct refunds to credit cards on board, only refunds to the onboard account.  This will be refundable on board credit, so if there is any left at the end of the cruise, it will go back on the credit card used to secure the onboard account.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The OP wants to upgrade on board, and there are no direct refunds to credit cards on board, only refunds to the onboard account.  This will be refundable on board credit, so if there is any left at the end of the cruise, it will go back on the credit card used to secure the onboard account.

Completely looked past the "on board" caveat (that is important), thanks as always for the correction. However, last week on the Freedom, we asked for a refund due to a very poor experience at Mystery Dinner Theater, and the refund was issued to the AMEX I used to pre book the dinner.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
additional information

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Completely looked past the "on board" caveat (that is important), thanks as always for the correction. However, last week on the Freedom, we asked for a refund due to a very poor experience at Mystery Dinner Theater, and the refund was issued to the AMEX I used to pre book the dinner.

Sounds like a new policy, I've never heard of the ship being able to credit a credit card.  Thanks for the update.

6 minutes ago, julieschuler said:

Does anyone know the US cost of a drink package on board?. I am in Canada and it is 251 for the refreshment package. 

Varies ship to ship, cruise to cruise.