Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
julieschuler

upgrading redreshment package on board to drink package

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know the cost on board to upgrade to a beverage package? My husband thinks he may want to. We already have the beverage package 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will refund the cost paid for your refreshment package to the card used for original purchase, and charge you prevailing rate for the deluxe.  Keep in mind you MAY be forced to upgrade BOTH of your packages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They will refund the cost paid for your refreshment package to the card used for original purchase, and charge you prevailing rate for the deluxe.  Keep in mind you MAY be forced to upgrade BOTH of your packages. 

 

The OP wants to upgrade on board, and there are no direct refunds to credit cards on board, only refunds to the onboard account.  This will be refundable on board credit, so if there is any left at the end of the cruise, it will go back on the credit card used to secure the onboard account.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

The OP wants to upgrade on board, and there are no direct refunds to credit cards on board, only refunds to the onboard account.  This will be refundable on board credit, so if there is any left at the end of the cruise, it will go back on the credit card used to secure the onboard account.

 

 

Completely looked past the "on board" caveat (that is important), thanks as always for the correction. However, last week on the Freedom, we asked for a refund due to a very poor experience at Mystery Dinner Theater, and the refund was issued to the AMEX I used to pre book the dinner.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Completely looked past the "on board" caveat (that is important), thanks as always for the correction. However, last week on the Freedom, we asked for a refund due to a very poor experience at Mystery Dinner Theater, and the refund was issued to the AMEX I used to pre book the dinner.

 

Sounds like a new policy, I've never heard of the ship being able to credit a credit card.  Thanks for the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, julieschuler said:

Does anyone know the US cost of a drink package on board?. I am in Canada and it is 251 for the refreshment package. 

 

Varies ship to ship, cruise to cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...