Just Switched and Saved

teacherman

We are using HAL FlightEase for next January, DTW to SCL and EZE to DTW.  We had Delta going and AA for return, but just switched to AA to Miami and LATAM to SCL.  Return will still be AA from EZE to Miami and AA to DTW.   This is all Business Class and we saved $1,700 over the original booking with the Delta flights.  Only problem is a 6 1/2 hour layover going and a 2 hour layover coming back.  What to do with the 6 hours and will the 2 hour be enough to do immigration?  Any advice from people who have experience with MIA is welcome.  Thank you.

Business class ticket on AA will get you access to the lounge at MIA. It's not great, but it's better than nothing. I would just relax with those six hours, honestly. You could get out of the airport and do something, but I probably wouldn't.

On the way back, two hours should be fine assuming you're a US citizen. MIA doesn't have the best immigration experience, but it shouldn't be too bad.

1 minute ago, teacherman said:

Subliminal messaging.🤔  Also, if I am AA to Miami, but LATAM on to SCL, do I get to use the AA lounge or the LATAM lounge?  Or both?

You should have access to both since you're flying OneWorld in both cases. With that time, might as well check them both out and decide which one you prefer.