Curious about double booking rooms

dougocam

While on a cruise last week, I made reservations for a 2020 cruise booking several Sky Suites for my key employees. I paid deposits and received written confirmations including the specific room numbers I wanted them to have. I noticed on the Celebrity website that two of the suites are listed as available and will apparently allow you to book them. I wonder what happens if that were to occur. I do have it in writing, but it still creates a mess if a room were to be double booked. 

Perhaps two of those Skysuites have been upgrade to a higher Suite.  You can look online at your reservations and see what room numbers are currently showing for your bookings.

Double booking does happen, though very rare.  Several years ago, on a Oceania Cruise, we overheard two couples arguing outside of a stateroom.  It appeared that there had been a double booking and both couples were trying to move luggage into the same room.  YIKES!!!