Barcelona duty free

windsurferfirst

We are flying into Barcelona from the UK via Frankfurt. I wanted o pick up 2 bottles of wine to take on board and thought I had read somewhere that there is a shop prior to embarking where i could get wine if anyone knows the layout I would be grateful for a head ups.

2 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

We are flying into Barcelona from the UK via Frankfurt. I wanted o pick up 2 bottles of wine to take on board and thought I had read somewhere that there is a shop prior to embarking where i could get wine if anyone knows the layout I would be grateful for a head ups.

I am also interested. 

Yes - you can buy as much as you want (alcohol included) at the Duty Free shop, as it is after security. You just walk onboard,  unless you would like to give Princess whatever you bought to hold for you until you disembark.

Yes, on transatlantic (Barcelona to Miami) with another cruise line, we passed through security with the allowed one bottle of wine per person, boarded the ship and took our carry on's to the cabin.   Since we had some time to pass before cruise left, we walked back down with a folding shopping bag to look around.   Decided we may as well purchase another 4 bottles of wine for our cabin, since we had a cork screw.   From there we just took the elevator and walked onto ship - no screening after the Duty Free and very convenient to save carrying bottles from town.   We also stopped at another port in Spain a day or so later where Duty Free and other stores were located after security.   Lots of people were purchasing liquor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whitewings2 said:

Yes, on transatlantic (Barcelona to Miami) with another cruise line, we passed through security with the allowed one bottle of wine per person, boarded the ship and took our carry on's to the cabin.   Since we had some time to pass before cruise left, we walked back down with a folding shopping bag to look around.   Decided we may as well purchase another 4 bottles of wine for our cabin, since we had a cork screw.   From there we just took the elevator and walked onto ship - no screening after the Duty Free and very convenient to save carrying bottles from town.   We also stopped at another port in Spain a day or so later where Duty Free and other stores were located after security.   Lots of people were purchasing liquor.

Thats a big help - thanks. I was going to buy in UK before we left but its a hassle carrying it, good to know I can get it there and just carry it on board for sundowners on the balcony.