Has anyone sailed out of Dublin?

LadyGator97

Hi!  Flight gets in at 10:55am but they said we can't board until 4:25pm.   What does everyone do with their luggage during that time.  Don't want to waste valuable time sitting in the departure lounge at the port when I could be out seeing Dublin.  

We sailed out of Dublin in June of this year and were able to board at normal time ( I think we were having lunch on board before 12 noon), even though the ship was not scheduled to depart until 8pm. At embarkation we had to ride a shuttle from the check in point to the ship but on disembarking, taxis came right up to the pier ( no shuttle )

Edited by cruisinsusin
additional info

37 minutes ago, LadyGator97 said:

Hi!  Flight gets in at 10:55am but they said we can't board until 4:25pm.   What does everyone do with their luggage during that time.  Don't want to waste valuable time sitting in the departure lounge at the port when I could be out seeing Dublin.  

.Is the boarding 4:25pm boarding time when boarding starts or the time suggested for you to board? They sometimes send out a suggested time to spread out the crowds. Dublin is an industrial port and the last time I was there you had to stop at a terminal to get your Seapass and then take port transportation to the ship. This can take time! If you need to collect your luggage and then go to the Port, you might be able to board ASAP. You really don't have enough time unless ship leaves very late to see much of Dublin.

We have this same problem for our cruise next june. Our flight arrives in dublin at around 8 am. We are just going to find a hotel and get a day use room so we can rest up a little. For us it will be like arriving at 1 AM so we will probably be tired, this way we can get to the boat feeling more refreshed ready to start our vacation 🙂

We are on the Reflection in May, out of Dublin. I keep hearing conflicting information about when we can board. Some say from 11 am on, others say not till 4pm. 

Reflection will have just arrived in Dublin from a transatlantic and I’ve heard they do a “deep clean” at that point.

My only issue is the luggage. I’m hoping that the Celebrity transport will pick us up at the airport and take us to the ship to drop off the luggage. I’d be fine with that even if we can’t board. We would just do some sightseeing then till boarding time.

Just did an Iceland cruise from Dublin in May. 

After check in you will need to take shuttles from Terminal 4 North to the ship, and we waited an hour for those shuttles. 

I heard somebody waited 1.5 hrs!  So you may want to get there earlier.

Or if you’re not rushed, you may still see Dublin quickly. Store your luggages at the tourist centre here dublinvisitorcentre.ie. I never used their service but saw good reviews on google.

It’s located at the middle of everything and from there you can make a quick visit to trinity college and st Stephens green. Lots of shopping and restaurant there too.

Edited by buramiko