Ever take a foam mattress topper on board?

I take a 3inch memory foam pad I got from Amazon and it is great. I also got a sheet for it and a waterproof carry case. It is bulky but we deal with it. the case: DOKEHOM DKA1015RDXL 130L Thickened X-Large Storage Bag (4 Colors), Fabric Clothes Bag, Ultra Size Under Bed Storage, Moisture Proof (Red, XL)

The Pad: Milliard Tri Folding Mattress, with Ultra Soft Removable Cover and Non-Slip Bottom (75" x 31") Since it is a tri fold it fits nicely in this case. I am not taking a chance on sleeping on a rock hard bed, especially with my bad back. Linda

Edited by retdon
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, UFMOM said:

How do you blow it up?  Do you bring a small pump or is it easy to inflate by mouth?  Am thinking of getting the double one. Thanks

Mary Ann

These are the ones we have, you can find them on Amazon or sporting goods stores. Klymit Static V Luxe Sleeping Pad for Camping, Hiking, and Backpacking

On 8/7/2019 at 5:55 AM, UFMOM said:

How do you blow it up?  Do you bring a small pump or is it easy to inflate by mouth?  Am thinking of getting the double one. Thanks

Mary Ann

I have also inflated mine by using the hair dryer on a low temp setting.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 5:55 AM, UFMOM said:

Mary Ann

I ask the steward to do it,  and put it under the sheets. It come with a little fast inflate bag.

A-

• Like 1

We've brought our own on our last several cruises.   We have two 2" memory foam toppers from Amazon (similar to these:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZGBM7N/ref=dp_cerb_1 ) that help a lot in making the beds more comfortable.   

They're not too hard to transport.   We fold them lengthwise, roll them up, and store them in a standard pillow case.  The two of them squish nicely into a large checked bag.   

We unpack them the first day and put them under the topsheet.   After that the room steward leaves them in place and sometimes knots the end of the sheets around them as they prefer. 

Ours are holding up just fine after several trips, but if you needed to leave it I bet the room steward would be thrilled.  I can only imagine the bidding war they might inspire in the crew quarters!