Emerald Princess Beds

Critic276

We sailed on the Emerald about a year ago and the beds were very comfortable … neither too soft or too firm. I'm assuming the those were the newer mattresses back then because all 4 of us found them very comfortable.

21 hours ago, Critic276 said:

We are sailing this month and were wondering if now that the ship is out of dry dock the beds were good or too hard. We have bed toppers we can bring. Or shouldn’t we bother? 

We were on the Emerald just a few weeks ago and found the beds decently good (if anything, they weren't firm enough but that's just a personal preference!)

Apologies if this has been reviewed before. 

We are sailing on the Emerald early 2020 to the South Pacific.  I think a duvet/topper may be too hot to sleep in that climate even with air conditioning.  What is the process to get two sheets when you get on board?

Do you tip the room attendant when asking for two sheets?  Should there be additional gratuities for the extra sheet?

TIA

I believe that when the bed is made up there is a bottom sheet a top sheet and then the duvet. So I think all you will need to do is ask the cabin attendant to put away the duvet.  If that isn’t the case ask for whatever changes need to be made. At the end of your stay if you feel you have asked a lot of the attendant or gotten exceptional service please do leave an extra tip. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, dfdub said:

Apologies if this has been reviewed before. 

We are sailing on the Emerald early 2020 to the South Pacific.  I think a duvet/topper may be too hot to sleep in that climate even with air conditioning.  What is the process to get two sheets when you get on board?

Do you tip the room attendant when asking for two sheets?  Should there be additional gratuities for the extra sheet?

TIA

Hello, All you will need to do to get an extra sheet is ask.  We have found that our room stewards are more than happy to accommodate their guests.  An extra tip is really not nessesary, but if you feel the need to, a couple of dollars would be sufficient.

Enjoy your cruise!

33 minutes ago, ctompkins said:

Hello, All you will need to do to get an extra sheet is ask.  We have found that our room stewards are more than happy to accommodate their guests.  An extra tip is really not nessesary, but if you feel the need to, a couple of dollars would be sufficient.

Enjoy your cruise!

I totally agree with you. 

Tony