HAL Ms Amsterdam => Gym and Fitness Questions Please

IrishSmileyM3

Hi 😊

Could anyone who has recently been on the Ms Amsterdam please advise me on the below questions?

💪 How much are the Spinning classes (and if also known, how long do they last and frequency onboard?)

💪 Do they have yoga mats available to use in the gym?

💪 How much are the Yoga classes (and if also known, how long do they last and frequency onboard?)

💪 Do any of the pools make it possible to swim lanes or too small?

Thank you!

42 minutes ago, TheChiefNL said:

I am also curious about this! 

I think if I look at the pictures the pool is to small to swim lanes... 

Regarding swimming; I've seen people swim laps in the pool on the A'Dam.  Mid pool, not the stern one.  I've also seen people using that contraption where you are in a harness that you tie off and you can swim "in place".  Google it and you'll find plenty of info.  I don't remember what the costs were for the classes in the gym were.

Linda R.

8 hours ago, IrishSmileyM3 said:

Hi 😊

Could anyone who has recently been on the Ms Amsterdam please advise me on the below questions?

💪 How much are the Spinning classes (and if also known, how long do they last and frequency onboard?)

💪 Do they have yoga mats available to use in the gym?

💪 How much are the Yoga classes (and if also known, how long do they last and frequency onboard?)

💪 Do any of the pools make it possible to swim lanes or too small?

Thank you!

Spinning and Yoga classes were $12 per session.  There are signup sheets for each session.  As I remember they alternated at-sea days.

Yes, there are yoga mats available for floor exercises.

Pools are small - a "lap" is about a stroke and a half. These pools are not really meant for fitness or exercise type swimming.... 

How long is your cruise? On my one week Amsterdam cruise last summer there was one spinning class.  I don't remember how many yoga classes, but I believe at least 2.

Edited by Moriah

22 hours ago, TheChiefNL said:

I am also curious about this! 

I think if I look at the pictures the pool is to small to swim lanes... 

Bedankt.

Yes, I thought so too, but thought I'd ask since I was also asking about the classes costs :classic_wink:

21 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

Regarding swimming; I've seen people swim laps in the pool on the A'Dam.  Mid pool, not the stern one.  I've also seen people using that contraption where you are in a harness that you tie off and you can swim "in place".  Google it and you'll find plenty of info.  I don't remember what the costs were for the classes in the gym were.

Linda R.

Thanks Linda, that's useful and, thanks for the idea, I'd not have thought of it... I see it acts as a tool to mimic being in an endless pool.

19 hours ago, towhee said:

Spinning and Yoga classes were $12 per session.  There are signup sheets for each session.  As I remember they alternated at-sea days.

Yes, there are yoga mats available for floor exercises.

Thanks a lot, that's super. Having mats is great as I can then have a mat for my daily practice. Great to also know about the classes costs. I can practice by myself but always like to join a studio during my trips, so thought it could be fun to join the ship classes!

16 hours ago, Moriah said:

Pools are small - a "lap" is about a stroke and a half. These pools are not really meant for fitness or exercise type swimming.... 

How long is your cruise? On my one week Amsterdam cruise last summer there was one spinning class.  I don't remember how many yoga classes, but I believe at least 2.

Thank you, thought as much...

14 days, so may be, I can count on 2 spinning and 4 yoga classes during my cruise, plus my own daily practice.

🙂🙂🙂

Appreciate all of your replies, thank YOU!

• Like 1