Has Anyone Received Specialty Restaurant Discounts On The Edge?

vtcruising

Some future Edge cruisers have talked about depending upon getting discounted prices on specialty restaurants on the Edge, such as seen on other X ships. On our January cruise, all of the specialty restaurants were sold out when we boarded (except those kept for the packages). Despite the high prices, I think many people really wanted to try the new restaurants early on.  I haven't heard whether or not things have settled down and there is now enough availability that they are discounting the specialty restaurants. It would be good to know so that we can plan accordingly. Hopefully recent cruisers will report on whether or not they have been offered specialty discounts on the Edge.

We sail in November. We've booked the restaurants we want to try, at full price, on the days/times we want.

Given the ridiculous Edge pricing nowadays, I'm not sure if we will be able to sail her again for a while. So I'm not taking the chance we might not be able to get into a specialty we want to try in order to save a few bucks.

I did a B2B in July. I had a four night package - booked for a very low price during a Black Friday sale - and went in with a plan. As soon as I boarded I looked for people with iPads up at Oceanview (this was about 11.15) and made my reservations. My first night’s one had already been made for me at Eden which was fine by me but I did push it back later. I got Fine Cut for the next night but had to go earlier than I wanted. Plenty of availability (at that time) for Rooftop and Raw on Five. 

The second week I had some OBC to use up - as we were in Monaco till 10pm I knew there may be more availability so I asked for any discounts for Eden and was offered 20% off. We loved it there so it was worth it to me.

Wendy

• Thanks 1

If we accept the discounted offer aboard the ship from Rome on the 11 night Amalfi cruise, do we pay VAT on top of the service fee?

we are also hoping to be offered discounted drink packages. Worried we will add 25% vat on top of the 20% service fee.

27 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

If we accept the discounted offer aboard the ship from Rome on the 11 night Amalfi cruise, do we pay VAT on top of the service fee?

we are also hoping to be offered discounted drink packages. Worried we will add 25% vat on top of the 20% service fee.

We didn’t have to pay VAT on top of the restaurant fee or the extra on a glass of champagne that was over the premium package. I was charged it on the items I bought in the onboard ships. 

Wendy

3 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

We didn’t have to pay VAT on top of the restaurant fee or the extra on a glass of champagne that was over the premium package. I was charged it on the items I bought in the onboard ships. 

Wendy

Did you cruise have a Non-EC stop?