Caribbean Princess - compared to NCL/ RC ships?

colloctopus

Just got off the Ca,rib bean Princess.  I found the Explorers Lounge often so crowded that I never found a seat.

the on demand movies on th tv had sou disuse where the background music was much much louder than the dialog.  It became. uncomfortable at times.

i found the food somewhat boring although I did like Planks.  I don’t think the Crown Grill lived up to its copay.  The a Filet was good but everything else was a outback quality.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 5:44 PM, BrokenArrow55 said:

I’m needing to verify what is acceptable in main dining room on Formal nights on Princess Caribbean.   We have cruised many times never on Princess.  We always wear a nice dress and hubby wears dark slacks with a nice long sleeve button front dress shirt.  Will that be acceptable?   I sure do not want to pack a formal or suit for our vacation.  I know all cruise lines have rules but they are never enforced.  Just got off Holland America and gentleman at our table wore swimming trunks and T-shirt with ball cap every night and he was in main dining room.  My husband said if I tried that I would of been refused and on lido.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner..I was away with little wifi access..  Regarding the main dining room on the Caribbean..on formal nights I have seen many men in long pants and dress shirt and tie. (no jacket)  I have also seen the head waiters not seat  men in shorts or tee shirt on formal nights.  Regarding baseball caps being worn at dinner..well guess his mama didn't teach him manners!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who sailed recently have pictures of the new family zone splash area? Specially the nearby seating areas? We sail in April 2020 with a 9 mth old and 3 yr old, grandparents and great grandparents. We have the family suite for us 4 but haven’t been able to find a single review or picture of it. 

On 9/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, colloctopus said:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiries. Due in large part to your helpful feedback, we have decided to try out Caribbean Princess in April 2020.  Only 200 days to go 😀

If you google Princess Patters (daily listing of events) I think you will better see activities offered. I have found throughout the years activities are very similar so no need to fret if you can't find most recent. We love Caribbean Princess and we've sailed NCL and RC. When my daughter was younger slides, rope courses, wave runners etc had more appeal. Glad there are cruise lines for all of us as our children age. 😄